Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Silver is the fastest color
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought 55w 5000k HIDS the dude said they were the brightest u can get cause anything afta 5 k starts to do a blueish tint and ur eyes cant pick up light as well any one kno if this is true?

i also have a line lock and new tires on there way

any ways here are the diff between the 2

OLD

new

new left old right

and a random shot i took monday with the cell fone lol

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts
At least you will clearly be able to read my license plate as I pull buses on your stock pullied L :scared003

I thought 55w would be too hot and melt the lenses

·
We're in a Tight Spot!
573 Posts
I have 55w, 5ks and drove from ATlanta to Jackson, MS and my lens didn't melt.

To me, my 3k fogs are brighter than my 5k headlights. I knowe people that have like 7-9k and you can't see shit driving down the road.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,406 Posts
I know Josh [JTBtheWelder] has the 35W heads/fogs setup and I couldn't believe how bright they were. I had heard that the 55W might be so bright you lose something, but with your tinted covers... tell us what it's like as far as your light pattern and range when you're next to another Lightning.

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
I'm running the DDM 55W 6000K kit in my ranger and love em!!

Wayne

·
I accidentally ur mom
665 Posts
What the crap was wrong with your old ones?

Send the old ones to me, I'll paypal you the shipping.

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
damn todd... imma steal ur lights now... haha

·
Dam it feels good to be a Gangsta
511 Posts
Todd, Looks great. Did you get the DDM Raptor kit? Arent they like $25 for the whole kit? I am thinking of doing the fogs and heads for a whopping $50.

·
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea guys I did the DDM. 55 watt 5000K. I wll post some night shots. Me and mike I am frozen also went andreplced all interior lights last night with LEDs

Nick the headlight covers are goin back on hahahaha

Fast mike they were 50$shippeed for 55w

·
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea guys I did the DDM. 55 watt 5000K. I wll post some night shots. Me and mike I am frozen also went andreplced all interior lights last night with LEDs

Nick the headlight covers are goin back on hahahaha

Fast mike they were 50$shippeed for 55w

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
looks great.

I did not go with the 55w kit due to heat. I hear they got pretty hot, so if you sitting for awhile not moving with you lights on you could have issues.

So i just went with the 35W as there HID's and too be honest, how much brighter do I need em?

I already had to angle my headlights down some to stop people from flashing me, thinking I have my highs on.

As far as the Kelvin ratings, he was correct.

I've had from 5k-12k in my truck at one time or another.... Think I went with 8k headlights and 6k fogs... Damn changed em so much cant remember now.
But hopefully those charts help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts