Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks John, and Sue!!
Drove it home this afternoon, it's no longer stock!!! Going to take a little time to get used to, reminds me of my brother's 69 chevelle with a stall but is probably alot faster!!
Put down 561/615 on the street side, won't know about the race side for another 1000 miles or so. Won't have any ET's until I get the miles on it. Hoping for the 11's on Nitto's as I don't have the money for slick's right now, gotta get back on the overtime train!!
Sorry, I don't know how to insert pictures here yet! :sad:

Thanks again JLP!
Bryan

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Put down 561/615 on the street side

WOO HOO, SMOOOOOOKING :smt026 :smt023 :cheers:

CONGRATS BRYAN, WOW thats a BEAST [smilie=bow.gif]
Best of Luck Pal, that is A LOT of power for a street program :smt119

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob!! Gonna take getting used to, I'm babying it until I get the recommended miles on it. :sad: Can't wait to unleash it!! [smilie=fingersx.gif]
Hope to see you and gator down here this fall!!
Bryan

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
my guess is you are not still running the eaton
great #s you got there i hope mine get that good

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lightinmike! I got the KB along with alot of other stuff. Wish I knew how to post pictures!! and didn't have to go through the break in period!! :smt013
Bryan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very Cool!! What other stuff? I have a KB on the way, but have stock engine so nothing too crazy...
Yours sounds awesome.

·
Administrator
18,552 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of power.
BTW, how do you like the composite springs(I think
you were the one using them)? I am debating what
way I want to lower mine.
Jim

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mnhh505
JLP engine, heads, cams, Dynatech header's, 60# injectors, 255 pumps, adjustable fuel rails and regulator, KB, JLP intake, accufab, 2400 stall, high flow cat's

Ct.TOPGUN,
Yes I do have the composite leaf's, down to 4500# without me of course. Only gripe is the darn cat-back adjustment keeps interfering with the traction bars!! Waiting on the QA-1's, need to recharge the checking account. If you have an 03' or newer you could remove a spring, I wanted a lower stance and less weight.
Bryan

·
Registered
734 Posts
Bryan, with all your mods there is allot more RW Hp to be had!

Con grads, you deserve it!

Peace,

Suavy

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Nice [smilie=bow.gif] [smilie=bow.gif]

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
very nice setup you got
was it hard to tune in the 60's? Don's Bolt was saying i should go the 50 route cause of tuning issues he had with his 60's

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
bglanden said:
Thanks lightinmike!  I got the KB along with alot of other stuff.  Wish I knew how to post pictures!!  and didn't have to go through the break in period!! :smt013
Bryan
Posting Pic's 101

Go to http://www.lightningrodder.com/
On the left side (second catogory down) Click on Photo Gallery
If you dont have a SECOND Photo Gallery account, you need one
It can be the same name and pw as your reg acc, it truly takes all of 30 sec's to open it

THE EASY WAY (dont even have to go to the picture Gallery)
If there on the net ANYWHERE, just put [ i m g ] before the url address, and [ / i m g ] after the address (NO SPACES) and it'll post the pic right in the post
Example [ i m g ]bryansgallerypic1 [/ i m g ]  (again no spaces in the img thing)

THE EVEN EASIER WAY IS
as you write your post, notice the box right under the window your typing in that says
"ADDITIONAL OPTIONS"
Click it, and you'll see "ATTACH"
You'll also see a Browse Button and (more attachments)
You can keep clicking more attachments til 5 boxes MAX open up
Then you simply hit browse point to them ON YOUR COMPUTER
and WAM they are in the Post
:D

see

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
bglanden, your truck sounds similar to mine. Johnny did my motor this past January and it is great. Still putting miles on mine to get to 1500. Mine dynoed at 586/650!

Good luck with it - it going to be a fun summer.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bobver,
I got 150 miles on it between today and yesterday, gonna be a while for the other 1250 miles!! Darn thing drinks the fuel now, not going to be able to keep driving it to work right now. Have to get the funds back up. Can't wait to drop the hammer [smilie=3gears.gif] [smilie=3gears.gif] hopefully I can handle it!! The Nitto's aren't going to appreciate the abuse coming. [smilie=laugh.gif]
Congrat's on your #'s!!
Are you local to the Cecil dragway?? Planning on going to one of the test and tune night's there next month, maybe we could do our virgin run's there?? I plan on doing a full out 1/8 th (then just coast to the 1/4 line) mile run and seeing how close I'll be to getting kicked off the track. The second run I don't care if I get kicked out!!
Bryan

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lightninmike said:
very nice setup you got
was it hard to tune in the 60's? Don's Bolt was saying i should go the 50 route cause of tuning issues he had with his 60's
I don't know how much trouble they presented for JLP, I believe the tuner's are getting better with them. I do know the stainless tips don't stand a chance with all the black smoke build up!! Darn thing smells like a race vehicle too, on pump gas!! Can't wait to smell some race fuel coming out the exhaust, just need quite a few miles.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Bryan,

I'm about an hour from Cecil - live in Exton, PA. Don't have plans to race it - wife doesn't care what I drop into it $$ - just don't race it (?). I can't get over how great it sounds and feels. One difference is I have 50# injectors.

Would like to see how well yours runs.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Bryan,

My tips are black also and the gas mileage - well who cares!

Johhny did mention to me to put 1500 on it and then bring it back for another tune. I'm at about 700 miles now.

Bob

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bobver said:
Bryan,

I'm about an hour from Cecil - live in Exton, PA.  Don't have plans to race it - wife doesn't care what I drop into it $$ - just don't race it (?).  I can't get over how great it sounds and feels.  One difference is I have 50# injectors.

Would like to see how well yours runs. 
I'll post some result's next month. Just tell the wife your going out for some milk!!LOL!! [smilie=laugh.gif] Thankfully my wife doesn't mind me racing, as long as I am racing and not flirting with hotties at the track! Like they want anything to do with middle aged men and me being introverted!!
Bryan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts