Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my dyno tune today and over all I'm happy with it. This motor is basicly a JDM long block with ported heads and stage 2 cams, full exhaust, complete fuel system for running E85, 6 pound lower and stock upper on a ported Eaton.

So here is how it went. The best numbers were the first one, it made 510hp and about 550T. Here is the vid.

After the first pull the graph showed it went alittle lean around 5K so fuel pressure bumped up from about 30 - 35lbs to 40lbs as the fuel injecters were maxed out. All pulls after that was trying to get the power back because the truck was now too rich. Of course the truck heat soaked so that didn't help with the numbers but it ended up at 498hp and 530 or 540T. If it was allowed to cool down i'm sure it would of been 500 or a little more. Yea I'm happy with the result, I was expecting around 480hp before the tune, of course that was just a guess on my part.

Here is a screen shot of one of the pulls.

There were a total of 7 pulls made in just over 2 hours so yea I'm real sure it heat soaked. All thats really left to do is find a better blower, but that will be for next year.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
:rockon_ford

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Congrats, dyno graphs shows steady power being made

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you sold the "better blower" to me haha congrats man. truck looks great
Yes I know, maybe there's anothe 3.4 in my future. I'm waiting to see if the 2.9 ever happens. Where are you with your tuning?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
500 rwhp from an Eaton leaves room for a twin screw and the need for C16 in your future

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
510 is nice for an Eaton and a lot of power, CONGRATS :bigtu
And when you ready for more all you have to do is bolt it on and tweak the tune ;)

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Good numbers! It'll be a monster in the colder months.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
500 rwhp from an Eaton leaves room for a twin screw and the need for C16 in your future
It was tuned using E85 as its around in my area; there are 4 or 5 stations within 4 to 8 miles of my house so I went that route. The only draw back with the E85 is cold starts require some extra cranking to get started.

Oh yea theres a twin screw in the future just not this year, unless the right deal comes along;)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What was the timing and was the IC Fluid iced? We have close to the same mods.

And when can we expect 1/4 times ?
Took the timing to 20*, no icing. It was about 80 degrees outside with some humidity, not bad for doing a dyno tune. I'll give the track a try this fall.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One thing I learned was A/F ratio isn't 11.7 like gas, but A/F for E85 is about 6.8.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
E85 has a stoich point of about 9.0 compared to E10 pumpgas which is 14.09. The airfuel ratio reading on your wideband will still be the same, its just the stoich points that are different.

JJ
On the screen shot on my first post the dyno shows A/F in the upper 6's to 7 on the screen, is there must be a way to change how A/F is displayed?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
510 is nice for an Eaton and a lot of power, CONGRATS :bigtu
And when you ready for more all you have to do is bolt it on and tweak the tune ;)
That's the plan;) Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.