Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Gang- What a rain soaked trip! It poured all the way down to Woodbine Motorsports to see JJ and pick her up. Countless accidents on the highway,people speeding when you cant even see the road in front of you because its raining so hard.After the 3 hr trip down,it managed to clear only for about 10 mins-then rain again.OK -so lets talk about what was done to the truck. I had called JJ up back in June to talk to him about what was going on with my truck.I told him I needed it looked at and gone though with a fine tooth comb.Convinced that there was a crack in one of he heads,we talked about Trick Flows and decided to go that route.While the motor was out and fully inspected, I asked to have the ported Steigmeier Stage 5 Eaton supercharger silencer holes filled in also.After fixing alot of small stuff and getting to the root cause of using excessive coolant-seeing it was evident in the exhaust while running-cracked head.Also added a Magnum Powers idler bracket with 3 Metco pullies.JJ put everything back together and retuned it using SCT software.After dyno tuning and driving-everything was dialed in perfectly.His work was top notch-clean,smooth and professional. I asked alot of questions-but -hey-I need to know stuff-LOL! I havent been able to hit the boost yet and at 17psi-I want too -and knowing that it doesnt drop off like it did before.I came home to a flooded NJ and couldnt belive it,I havent seen this much water in our neighborhood all my life,roads flooded,detours and trees down.I cant possibly type everything in here on how I feel about JJ and WMS. I was told by another member here-to let him take his time with the truck and he will find whats wrong.The ride home was the pits-stuck in traffic on 95,bumper to bumper-muggy,rainy and the truck never moved off of normal spot.I even got to play sound off with a Black L from Florida-getting the thumbs up on my ride,the pipes were barking right into his window:O. I couldnt get the 3rd pic from my engine compartment(cam batts died).I always wondered about JJ and didnt know him before this-but I can say this-IM glad I took it to him.He will inform you the whole step of the way of what we can do,options and help make the best choices for your needs.I would reccomend him to anybody with a Gen 2.I know a friend of mine will be taking his L down next for probly the same thing I had done.Im one that will give credit to where its due and JJ is a stand up guy,and Im glad he could help me out and get it right.Street power is 540/610, no race tune. Im not ready to race this truck yet-but I know I will in the future.I cant wait to kick it in the next nice day!So-IM beat-exhausted-no more road trips for a awhile-especially in a downpour.Thanks again JJ-your work is awesome!
Dyno vid-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1SKSowZMw
17psi vid-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtsP-0REbeQ

Pics-

Thanks Guys-Im done!

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what you say before you sell it, cause it's never done! :bigtu:bigtu
LOL!-I say that cuz of driving 6 hrs in downpours! JJ has a Whipple lined up for me next-so-Im not done(just tired for tonite tho)-:smt042

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lino, it was a long time coming! :bigtu

·
Motor City T-Sport
1,645 Posts
Congrats man! Nothing like a long drive in the rain to dull the senses.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,123 Posts
A 6 hours is a long drive dry or wet. The best part is the smile that you still have hours after the ride is over.

Congrats Gene. Hope it's just what you are looking for.

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Guys-the smiles are there! I was able to kick boost in when coming home from work just a touch.Still wet out-but I was really enjoying the Heaton whining -dry weather will come Weds.Truck feels totally different now.;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.