Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from a town run with my Lil man (Darion...My 14 year old) and I decide to mat the pedal to feel the Amazon tune again. I O/D off the stick and mat it. Truck pulls hard until I let off. I look over at my boy and he has the biggest smile on his face!!!!! He turns to me a says "Your truck is like Sonic!!!!" My boy is partially autistic (1-10...10 being full blown...He is a 2) and it made me feel so proud that he loves the feeling of speed.
So of course I had to change my avatar to Sonic the HedgeHog.......Might even go custom on the plate. Love my Son.....:smt023[smilie=3g

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
That's awesome.

Might have to get her painted Sonic Blue, and definitely get the Tag, it would make him so happy.

Very cool story. My friends son has Aspergers syndrom... I know I butchered the spelling of it... Also been watching that show on TV called Parenthood. Really good show actually, (wife suckered me into watching it, and now I like it). well there son on there is autistic as well, so it shows the different angles of life and living which is really cool.

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
That's Awesome, man!!!

·
aka Nivardo
3,089 Posts
Sure is a great feeling!
My 1 and a half year old is all smiles as soon as he hears the keys! its the funniest thing. When we are walking out to the driveway and hop in the other car all he does is point at my red L. Cant wait until he is out there helping me work on the L!!

·
Pappa de los Pollitos
1,144 Posts
thats cewl man awesome story.....put a big Sonic Decal on it...mayb?

·
Registered
324 Posts
That is awesome. For sure get the plates :) My daughter is 3 and she use to love my truck(she will love my new one) She use to call its "Daddy's Noisy Truck" and she calls my dads challengers "Grandpas Noisy Car"

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
new plate...

DSSONIC

"d's sonic"

great story man, cool kid u got there.

my 6 month old goddaughter is gonna be a gearhead if i have anything to do with it. whenever she's outside and i have the bike or the truck i grab some throttle and she giggles and squeaks.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He will step out the door and say "To the White truck".... I would not want him any other way. Call him Lil man but he is 5'6" at 165lbs. Not so little. I remember the day I said "Love you lil man" when I was walking out the door to go to work and I get a "Love you Daddy" that sounds like it is coming from a grown man!!!! Time flies!!!!

·
I accidentally ur mom
665 Posts
Great Stuff bro! Our Kids are truly a blessing to us.

I cry like a lil b1tch when I hear Martina Mcbrides "In my Daughter's eyes" (yeah I said it lol)

My lil girl (3yrs old) always says "Daddy's truck" when we pull into the garage!

·
Registered
786 Posts
My 3 old son loves to sit in my lap and "drive" daddy's truck. Seems like thats all he wants to do on the weekends. Went to Walmart last year and found the battery powered black f150. Then went to the Harley shop and dropped $50 on stickers. Made him his own little HD F150 to drive around the neighborhood. Its amazing how much a child can change a man! It even more amazing how fast the time flies!

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
I have a friend whos kid has autism but man he likes cars n trucks hes 3 and can only speak very small works..... i love that kid to death he always gets a smile wen he sees my truck pull up to the house...

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It took lil man a good while to get his vocabulary to expand, but he has really improved and the sky is the limit for him. I need to record him when he is playing Guitar Hero.....AMAZING!!!!!

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
Great Stuff bro! Our Kids are truly a blessing to us.

I cry like a lil b1tch when I hear Martina Mcbrides "In my Daughter's eyes" (yeah I said it lol)

My lil girl (3yrs old) always says "Daddy's truck" when we pull into the garage!
try listening to Randy Travis "angels".. that will bring a tear to your eye

1 - 20 of 21 Posts