Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good natural ways to detox your body in a safe and effective manner?

·
BeachBody Coach
897 Posts
Chris I've had friends do a 3-day cleanse with shakeology. You take one shake at breakfast, lunch, and most of them say they don't feel hungry enough for the 3rd shake but they were told to drink it anyway because your body needs it. www.myshakeology.com/brandonjackson you can read up on it if you want. When I get a order in I could split the bag up and sell you just a three day cleanse kit if you didn't want to buy the whole bag. They come in a 30 day supply... take one a day on the normal program for them

·
Texas>Florida
3,055 Posts
yea i heard no alcohol cigarettes caffeine sugar saturated fats would be a way to start.
Or what EVL said drink that shakeology....Im ordering mine tmrw

·
The gloss boss
341 Posts
As a health care professional by formal education, I would strongly recommend concentrating on a whole food diet, limiting foods with tons of processing and preservatives, as well copious amounts of fruits and vegetables and fiber. Lean proteins with an obvious limitation of fatty greasy foods is a great start. Snacks can include fruits, berries, nuts, yogurt etc...

Assuming a poor diet to begin with, a change to moderation with introduction of the healthy stuff will bring a tremendous increase in your overall health and energy levels. Not to mention your GI tract will thank you tremendously.

Not to mention, regular exercise helps with gastric motility, which will further help to regulate your toilet habits when coupled with a healthy diet.

A general rule for grocery store buying of fruits and vegetables, if its bright and colorful, or has a pungent smell(onion, garlic, shallot etc) its probably good for you and you should be eating it.

Some of these marketed "cleansing" products can make you think you are becoming "cleansed" by some type of natural or synthetic mild laxative. Some don't do anything, but just be careful.

It should also be noted, that moderation is the key to many major dieting programs that individuals choose to subscribe to. They just assign numeric values as a "guide" so that people do not over step their limit for the day.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm down! How much for the 30 day kit though? Also how much for the 3 day kit? I've been on an ugly party binge for some years now and I'm mentally ready to get back to being healthy and staying and staying that way.

·
BeachBody Coach
897 Posts
The shakeology bags come in either a powder with a scoop, or individual packs so u can take them with you to work or on trips....
It's got 70 ingredients and contains protein, amino acids, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, vitamins, minerals, phytomutrients, NO caffeine, and NO gluten.
It helps with lose of weight, feel energized, improve digestion and regularity, lower cholesterol, tastes awesome too!

A month supply is $119... comes to $3.96/day... less than a meal from mcdonalds
if you became a coach it's $89/month. If you did home direct you get free shipping too.

It has a very low on the glycemic index too. It is a 24 on the scale. That measures how quick carbohydrates turn to glucose, or sugar in the blood stream

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i heard no alcohol cigarettes caffeine sugar saturated fats would be a way to start.
Or what EVL said drink that shakeology....Im ordering mine tmrw
10-4 weening myself of off the above... stop smoking already 2 weeks into it! all the other stuff is about a week already.
As a health care professional by formal education, I would strongly recommend concentrating on a whole food diet, limiting foods with tons of processing and preservatives, as well copious amounts of fruits and vegetables and fiber. Lean proteins with an obvious limitation of fatty greasy foods is a great start. Snacks can include fruits, berries, nuts, yogurt etc...

Assuming a poor diet to begin with, a change to moderation with introduction of the healthy stuff will bring a tremendous increase in your overall health and energy levels. Not to mention your GI tract will thank you tremendously.

Not to mention, regular exercise helps with gastric motility, which will further help to regulate your toilet habits when coupled with a healthy diet.

A general rule for grocery store buying of fruits and vegetables, if its bright and colorful, or has a pungent smell(onion, garlic, shallot etc) its probably good for you and you should be eating it.

Some of these marketed "cleansing" products can make you think you are becoming "cleansed" by some type of natural or synthetic mild laxative. Some don't do anything, but just be careful.

It should also be noted, that moderation is the key to many major dieting programs that individuals choose to subscribe to. They just assign numeric values as a "guide" so that people do not over step their limit for the day.
Good post! I am actually heading out to wholefoods market and do some healthy shopping this weekend!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

issa certified trainer here and a certification in nutrition as well (not that anyone cares about my credentials)

but ^^this^^ is about as spot on as you can get.

clean, wholesome diet, moderate exercise, tons of water.

you can go buy a detox kit if all you wana do is vacate your bowels.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Clean diet, skip the junk foods lots of fruits and stay away from anything with corn products in it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
stay away from carbonated drinks. pop, beer( i know its tough) when u got to work out the carbonated drink are what cause those intense cramps in your stomach.

·
Poor driver mod
1,414 Posts
i found that bacon and egg 1/4lb cheese burgers, and home made fries works wonders for me :p

eat that, wait 1 hour eat any fruit, and wait 5 minutes, and then get the frack out of my way, i am going to the bathroom if i am in it or not!

·
i want to go fast
2,983 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
17 Participants
Bgstew6
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing