1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Aka 2003_lightning
12,215 Posts
Says cores must be returned so what's the core charge?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Do you have cores to send back? You're also betting that they did a good rebuild job. I've never cheaped out on any long block work because low-quality can really be a headache.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already messaged him about the core charge.

True on them being "cleaned" up already. I'd plan on updating the valvetrain anyhow, so they'll be looked over again for sure.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I paid 900 shipped for bare GT heads but the cam caps needed to be honed and worked over a bit. Nothing to major as I planned having fox lake do some work on them anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. I'll keep looking around then.

·
Boostaholic
4,729 Posts
Look on car-part.com or craigslist

I found numerous complete motors for under the asking price of that listing

I scored my navi motor for 150$

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
I have been watching that add for awhile .... its dropped a couple times... its not the greatest deal.

+1 on getting a full long block. You will get the valve covers and timing cover plus an extra block and crank! If youre luck you can get the wiring harness. If your unlucky you can get a bad driver side head with the cam towers wiped out and the crank is toast..... Pull the Drivers side valve cover first and assess the cam journals... check the oil pan for debri .... those are 2 indicators of a good motor if nothing is wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look on car-part.com or craigslist

I found numerous complete motors for under the asking price of that listing

I scored my navi motor for 150$
+1 buy a complete JY longblock, much better deal
I have been watching that add for awhile .... its dropped a couple times... its not the greatest deal.

+1 on getting a full long block. You will get the valve covers and timing cover plus an extra block and crank! If youre luck you can get the wiring harness. If your unlucky you can get a bad driver side head with the cam towers wiped out and the crank is toast..... Pull the Drivers side valve cover first and assess the cam journals... check the oil pan for debri .... those are 2 indicators of a good motor if nothing is wrong.
That is all really good advice! I'll start looking locally for a longblock then.

·
Registered
966 Posts
the ECM/PCM isn't needed
It is for guys with F150's who don't have 4R100's stock and want them. Not need for just an L 4V conversion.

Mine came with a 4R70, but im using a 5R110 and a standalone controller. Lots of different ways to go about it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Guy at my yard has one in a running 01 navigator still driveable that he would sell for 750. IM sure you are going build bottom end, but at least you know there is a better chance of it not having oil pressure or cam tower damage.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
I know someone selling some bad ass cams for cheap with less than 1500 miles on them

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Text Font Line Number Text Font Line Number Screenshot
1400 new 800 with 1500 miles on them. He's going turbo that's why he's selling them
Comp stage 2 blower cams

1 - 19 of 19 Posts