Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to the dyno monday at 11 am.

i'll finally get to see what the Sniper Tuning Special Forces can do. i'm getting a new 94mm calibrated meter from Dunn-rite performance but other than that the truck is the same as it was last fall. the goal is to see how easy the software is to use and how it responds to the not so conventional mods on my truck. our goals is to match the power numbers we put down previously which is 508hp 469tq maybe bump it up to around 550hp but with stock rods and pistons we dont want to push it to much further since the built block is not an option at this time. hopefully by next year we will have a motor in it to really test what the Paxton can do.

Robert Staley

·
Registered
454 Posts
Very cool...
How much adjustability do you have over the tune using the sniper?
Can you post pics?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a pre release copy of the "special forces software" so i have full tunability except for the mass air transfer functions which i have to have sniper themselves pre program for me in the base tune. which from what they said will be revised in the actual release that goes to the dealers.

so far from doing a few test files, it allows me to bump up/down the timing by full points not just percentages and i can add/subtract fuel by .1 increments globaly and/or in 3 preset rpm ranges.

there's a few other features i'll have to go back and look at.

·
Banned
749 Posts
good luck on the wheel of truth...(the dyno)... [smilie=fingersx.gif] let us know what the numbers are... is your S/C going to be a kit offered for all "L"s?? or is it a kit for 4.6 engines?? im not too familiar with mods other then what i see available for our trucks..
thanks
Rich

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
BEST OF LUCK ROB, "GO GET UM" :smt023
AND THANKS FOR JOINING OUR FAMILY [smilie=wavey.gif]
It's great to have you here :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts