Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We must have logged 10-12 hours on these roads in the 2 days we were up there!!!!!!!

My buddy wanted a copy of his car so I just uploaded this for him

We are loaded down big time but here is the video I got of the G8 we hung out with.

He had cam, LT, all the bolt ons and suspension goodies.

We hammered it a few times and the gt and g8 said they could not keep up. Even with 4 wheels, tool, jack, 2 suit cases, and tons of extra parts in the bed. Gotta love that.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/g8rnamp4_2297076.htm

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Love it. Ive been going to flog cars, pretty much anything Ive ever driven for the last 26 years up there. If you ever go again, try running 215 from Liberty NC to Waynesville NC, or 278. Fun stuff. last time I did a winter run using chains and 2 lanes rooster tailing snow LOL. Looks fun. Too bad you cant see the speedometer. probably better that way:rockon_ford

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tires were killing me. The new owner of the silver truck is buying the Boyds and I am going back to stockers with Nt05s on the front and 555rs in the back till I find something better.

Once your off the lift I have 2 days of parts to put on and turn it up finally.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Looks like fun bud, thanks for posting

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a blast. Can't wait to get my new tire and wheel combo under the truck and see what that does

·
Administrator
18,599 Posts
Nice vid! Some better tires and some seat time(maybe a road racing tune that holds gears longer and dowenshifts faster) will have you turning corners with the fast guys! Truck sounds GREAT!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice vid! Some better tires and some seat time(maybe a road racing tune that holds gears longer and dowenshifts faster) will have you turning corners with the fast guys! Truck sounds GREAT!
I was filming the g8 so I was hardly on it . We pushed it hard a few times but I don't feel good sharing those.

I plan to get to a track next month.

I have a few changes coming before that but will be sure to film that.

·
Southern Fried SVT Pilot
2,450 Posts
Thanks for the ride along.
My Mother's side had a family reunion up in the NC mountains today. Would have been nice to take the L up there but a 5hr ride one way at 13mpg just wasn't in my budget.

Got any side view shots of that run?
As soon as I get my Go Pro I'm hitting this curvy hilly country road I know near here. My luck every old lady will be on it too and I won't get over 40mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts