Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the night was young and I was bored, so I decided to pickup my girlfriend to go grab some ice cream. I hopped in the Lightning and took off. Upon getting to her house I notice her dad outside. (she had told me he is a big car guy) So I get ready to tell him a little about the truck as he is pretty interested in it, it seemed. He asks me to pop the hood and upon seeing the 5.4 V8 with an eaton supercharger strapped to the top of it he says "it looks kind of small":smt089 He then follows that up with a 30 min conversation about how amazing his new camry is, and how it can keep up. (a 4 cylinder) So I just, out of respect, shook my head yay and agreed with him.[smilie=om I am looking forward to posting about his reaction if he takes a ride in the Lightning with me one day. Gonna be fun.:bigtu

·
Believing Believer
2,176 Posts
Well not all "car guys" are American muscle, high hp, loud pipe, turbo blower charger, type car guys. I have a buddy that is a car guy but he's real big into the detailing aspects, the cleanliness and the looks of a vehicle. He doesn't know much about the motors and the special type of cars and trucks like the ours and the how many Shelby Daytona Cobras were produce but I can guarantee you that if you put one in his hands for a detail job, out of his passion, he will return to you a high quality detail job with the paint popping, wheels glistening, and interior looking brand new.

He's a car guy...just not the same kind of car guy that I am.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
haha I would of said ok lets go line them up. It is always interesting to me when people say they are car guys and don't know what some are or what they are capable of. I am a car guy and just because I would never own a BMW or Audi I know what the R8 and M3,M5,M6 are capable of and think they are neat, I just wouldn't buy one. Comparing a Camry to a Lightning is hilarious though.

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
Lmao! Shit I woulda told him to go get his keys and let's see how well that thing can keep up..[smilie=3g

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
They're quick for what they are, but they're no lightning.

I love the blower looks small comment....uh, about the displacement of your engine just in the supercharger

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I may start him off with a ride in the 2015 ecoboost performance package stang first to get him warmed up. And yeah at least he said it looks small. :laughing25

·
Slowest Silver Lightning
2,547 Posts
Well not all "car guys" are American muscle, high hp, loud pipe, turbo blower charger, type car guys. I have a buddy that is a car guy but he's real big into the detailing aspects, the cleanliness and the looks of a vehicle. He doesn't know much about the motors and the special type of cars and trucks like the ours and the how many Shelby Daytona Cobras were produce but I can guarantee you that if you put one in his hands for a detail job, out of his passion, he will return to you a high quality detail job with the paint popping, wheels glistening, and interior looking brand new.

He's a car guy...just not the same kind of car guy that I am.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yessir. Being a car guy is more than just power. Just like how many guys here have never actually taken their truck to the strip- myself included. I am still a big car guy.

haha I would of said ok lets go line them up. It is always interesting to me when people say they are car guys and don't know what some are or what they are capable of. I am a car guy and just because I would never own a BMW or Audi I know what the R8 and M3,M5,M6 are capable of and think they are neat, I just wouldn't buy one. Comparing a Camry to a Lightning is hilarious though.
Amen. I learn all I can about all cars- not just Ford or domestics. It's a big world out there- the Chevy SS sedan is an amazing non-Ford and the GTR is an amazing non-domestic.

What really boggles the mind are the Ford guys that don't know what a Lightning is:shitstormretarded

·
Registered
693 Posts
About the time he sez "It looks kinda small", you tell him,
"Well then zip up your pants and I'll take you for a ride."

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Very smart of you. Not to often a guy is thinking with the rite head when it comes to girl friends. The dad will respect you more. Give It time and then you can kick his ass. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts