Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the sideways vid. Idk why youtube did that. Turn your phone/tablet sideways I guess lol

ANyway, GeorgeM came over yesterday to wetsand/polish my engine bay, so while he was doing that, I installed his linelock in his truck and wired up one of my linelock switch kits. He of course wasn't allowed to leave until he tested out my switch to make sure it worked :D lol

Man I miss that billowing white rubber smell! :laughing25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QDEF881qo0
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-QDEF881qo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,251 Posts
[smilie=3g:bigtu

·
Never Satisfied!!
173 Posts
I have been looking at different linelock systems. I would love any suggestions you might have that would compliment the switch kit. What would,or do you have on your truck?

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,251 Posts
I have been looking at different linelock systems. I would love any suggestions you might have that would compliment the switch kit. What would,or do you have on your truck?
[email protected] Motorsports sells a kit already made with lines bent for the Lightning/HDs. That paired with Josh's switch kit TITS in my book.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks Josh :bigtu line lock works great.. :smt023
Can't wait to see your truck all back together...
going to look bad a$$:rockon_ford

·
Registered
885 Posts
[email protected] Motorsports sells a kit already made with lines bent for the Lightning/HDs. That paired with Josh's switch kit TITS in my book.

^^^This, however, the pre-bent line is/was not an exact fit. It took about 30 min of trial and error tweaking it to to shorten the length approximately 1/4". This was done by introducing gradual arcs and bends on the line provided.

Finished product came out alright... :smt023

·
14,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what George's combo is. WMS LL with my switch kit. My switch kit will work with any linelock brand though.

My truck is a PSP LL with my switch kit. Carmelo's is a JDM LL with my switch kit. etc. etc.

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Awsome Josh :bigtu. Your neighbors must hate you, but if they wanted peace and quiet they should have moved to the country.

For the cost of a WMS line lock kit you can buy a Hurst Roll Control, the necessary tubing kit and a tuning bender to achieve a line lock install that is not visible with the hood popped. I prefer the factory/sleeper appearance when the hood is open. As an added bonus you'll have a tubing bender in the tool box and extra tubing. For anyone interested I've attached the link. I route the wiring and locate the switch for the LL differently than in the how-to, but SWThomas' solenoid location is ideal IMHO.

SWThomas' How-To Build Your Own Line Lock

·
14,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awsome Josh :bigtu. Your neighbors must hate you, but if they wanted peace and quiet they should have moved to the country.
lol my neighbors knocked their house down and demolished it! Vacant plot of land now!

although it wasn't for the burnouts haha, it's because they were evicted and the house was condemned lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just put a Biondi line lock and the Summit racing tube install kit, it went super easy and everything you need is in the kit except for a tubing bender. I had the same kit in my Mustang years ago and it's inexpensive and works great.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
not sure what brand mine is because it came with my truck,but it had a button that I swear was just a standard door bell! Not a little round one,but the other skinny long type:smt102

1 - 15 of 15 Posts