Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ford Lightning
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wasup guys am trying to know witch leaf springs is the best route to go for, for a better 60 foot and where can they be purchase at

·
10 second street truck
12,553 Posts
Hey wasup guys am trying to know witch leaf springs is the best route to go for, for a better 60 foot and where can they be purchase at
The flex a form fiberglass leaves are soft and shave weight

Beyond that for drag racing, stock.
The only other after market leaves are Hotchkis. They're stiff and low. Neither is really conducive to weight transfer.

Most of the work on these trucks on the rear is in correct pinion angle, proper shocks, and long bars setup with correct preload.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Been 1.31 60' with fiberflass leafs but good luck finding them. if you want to 60' hard then get some good double adjustable shocks for the rear. I run viking shocks. Long bars will help as well. Other than that throw all the power at it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dusten

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,977 Posts
When people say they cut a said 60' time with a certain suspension component, I like to ask myself "is it the component or the person dialing in the truck". With that said, are the leaf springs on your truck damaged and you need a replacement?

·
Registered
2004 ford Lightning
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The flex a form fiberglass leaves are soft and shave weight

Beyond that for drag racing, stock.
The only other after market leaves are Hotchkis. They're stiff and low. Neither is really conducive to weight transfer.

Most of the work on these trucks on the rear is in correct pinion angle, proper shocks, and long bars setup with correct preload.
Thanks for the feed back I appreciated the advice you can give me

·
Registered
914 Posts
When people say they cut a said 60' time with a certain suspension component, I like to ask myself "is it the component or the person dialing in the truck". With that said, are the leaf springs on your truck damaged and you need a replacement?
I like to say it is both. The components were part of the dialing in process imo.

·
10 second street truck
12,553 Posts
I like to say it is both. The components were part of the dialing in process imo.

I am a girl believer that some people's results are because of xyz part.

And some people's are in spite of xyz part. Lol

My truck has cut a poorly 1.55 60'

It's done that inspite of my suspension. Not because of it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am a girl believer that some people's results are because of xyz part.

And some people's are in spite of xyz part. Lol

My truck has cut a poorly 1.55 60'

It's done that inspite of my suspension. Not because of it.
Well at that point it's only a few options... Either not making the power down low, not knowing where to set the suspension, or the track is absolutely horrible and not one person is hooking lol. When going to the track I like to watch some big powered light cars go down the track. That way I know I have no excuse. Most race cars have have more power than we make and are much lighter. Weight is traction so at that point I have no excuses. Sometimes the answer is more power for better traction. Also 1.55 isn't terrible depending on your set up.

·
10 second street truck
12,553 Posts
Well at that point it's only a few options... Either not making the power down low, not knowing where to set the suspension, or the track is absolutely horrible and not one person is hooking lol. When going to the track I like to watch some big powered light cars go down the track. That way I know I have no excuse. Most race cars have have more power than we make and are much lighter. Weight is traction so at that point I have no excuses. Sometimes the answer is more power for better traction. Also 1.55 isn't terrible depending on your set up.

There's no setting my suspension.
It's not for drag racing. It's fixed.

Hotchkis rear leaves. Belltech shackles. Hotchkis 2.1 shocks.

Hotchkis coils. Stifflers upper and lower arms. Hotchkis 2.1 shocks.

It's designed to turn. Not launch. And it's ignorantly low.

As I said, it cuts a 1.5 inspite of my suspension not because of it.

Track is an nhra big track. Prep is good.

2.9 Whipple. E85. Korn tuned. Power is there. 6.85 @ 104 on pump e85 weighing 4800lbs.

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
3,051 Posts
I have been 1.57 60 foot on MT drag radials fiberglass springs JDM coils and single adjustable shocks and I'm in a 5300 pound 4 door HD with 600 HP

·
Registered
914 Posts
There's no setting my suspension.
It's not for drag racing. It's fixed.

Hotchkis rear leaves. Belltech shackles. Hotchkis 2.1 shocks.

Hotchkis coils. Stifflers upper and lower arms. Hotchkis 2.1 shocks.

It's designed to turn. Not launch. And it's ignorantly low.

As I said, it cuts a 1.5 inspite of my suspension not because of it.

Track is an nhra big track. Prep is good.

2.9 Whipple. E85. Korn tuned. Power is there. 6.85 @ 104 on pump e85 weighing 4800lbs.
You are at elevation right?

·
Registered
914 Posts
That pass was at ~700 feet da
That 6.85 was my first pass off the trailer. My second pass I blew a heater hose and was done.
Gotcha..thought you were up in elevation for some reason.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I've seen -1000 on a good day at pacific. Should help Marty turn in some fast times this year
Yeah I'm about 45 minutes inland of Charleston SC so not to high up.. only thing that sucks is the heat and humidity. Today was 100 degrees with 100% humidity. Even in fall/winter the humidity can be bad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts