Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2000 Lightning
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iso a throttle cable for a 2000 lightning. Seems that 99-04 should work. I ordered 6L3Z-9A758-B from Tasca but it is entirely to long. So before I mutilate this one to work i was Hoping someone has one lying around or parting a truck out so I can get mine back on the road. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,061 Posts
Yo. Welcome back to LR.

·
2000 Lightning
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long time no see! Selling my 77 to fund some stuff for the lightning got me excited and back in it again. I don't think I've even driven it in close to 3 ish years

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Iso a throttle cable for a 2000 lightning. Seems that 99-04 should work. I ordered 6L3Z-9A758-B from Tasca but it is entirely to long. So before I mutilate this one to work i was Hoping someone has one lying around or parting a truck out so I can get mine back on the road. Thanks!
That’s the one some of us have been using. Some guys say it fits perfect and some say not quite. I had to shim mine on the accelerator/gas pedal side because it was too long. I used a straight electrical butt connector that I opened in half long ways and put it on the end of the cable and squeezed the shit out of it! Still working great a few months later. Some guys have done the same thing with small round fishing weights👍

·
2000 Lightning
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gonna have to bite the bullet and just build one then. Thank you for those suggestions!

·
local painter
3,171 Posts
I have one for sale already built from a stock cable and installed to a stock TB bracket. PM me if interested

Reactions: Boss Hoss
1 - 8 of 8 Posts