Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Static...Switches r 4 Bitches
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I recently installed a few goodies on the truck but just never have given it a good WOT.

Mods, JLP intake, JLP Comp R exhaust, C&L elbow and plenum, Granetelli Maf, 6# lower pulley, Punisher VB, ngk tr6's, SCT tuner and a good ol' home blower port. ... With a modified canned tune from LFP...

Story: I was getting on the on ramp to I-95 (major highway down south) had the OD off because I knew what I wanted to do. I cruised up to about 20 mph and held the brake and got the boost rolling...(Brake boosting. Not sure if it helps supercharged vehicles? Always had turbo's) Had a line of traffic behind me beeping and than I let off the brake and stabbed it. When she shifted into 2nd it didn't just chirp 2nd it spun the tires like a mofo! (I have nitto 555's with about 80% tread left.) It felt like it fell on its face at about 80+ so I let off as I came into traffic.

Hoping to contact JDM/Amazon to get me an email tune going. Oh and a fresh set of rear rubber Nitto Nt05r's!

·
Guilty by Association
19,345 Posts
First things first, you won't need to brake boost a roots blower. You will have full boost without spooling it up. secondly you already have a handheld. Datalog your IAT2s or charge temps. sounds as if the truck pulled timing. Is your IC pump working correctly?

·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First things first, you won't need to brake boost a roots blower. You will have full boost without spooling it up. secondly you already have a handheld. Datalog your IAT2s or charge temps. sounds as if the truck pulled timing. Is your IC pump working correctly?
How do I know if the intercooler pump is working properly?

·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THanks, I'll check it 2morrow morning.

I am in Hallandale Beach. btw

What else would cause the truck to pull timing? The truck was only running for about 3 min before I did the pull

·
11 Second Club
15,089 Posts
Watchout I wouldn't go WOT with a LFP canned tune

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
seeing what she could do could net you a new engine lol

its probably the tune, jdm is good people

·
11 Second Club
15,089 Posts
Hahaha we love saving stock blocks

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
lol i went almost a year piling up parts and didn't throw them on till i had some sort of tune availible to support them.

with that being said the whole brake boosting was a mistake... your in supercharger world now brother its full boost at WOT from the get go man.

Data log and talk to either shop you mentioned you could get you a starter tune by email which will be safer than what you have now.

·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! Btw someone mentioned a navi fuel filter?...

Also should I do a data log and call up a company and tell them what I need/have. Send them the datalog and maybe be one step ahead of the tuning process?

Big question is, does JDM tune with SCT? I just sold my Predator because most places use SCT.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Predator and SCT are the biggest tuning handhelds most places use.... you can't go wrong with either. You need a handheld and then pick up some free software from either tuner website. you will also need the cable to hook it up to your computer. I use diablosport and I use the software they have on their website. I just import and export data right onto my laptop, data log what I need like 1/4mile runs and just driving around up to 30min at a time. Put them on the computer and look over everything.
You can also send that data to your tuner and they can hook you up with a better starter tune based on how you drive and whats on the truck.

by the way right behind you Chance04 at 130400

·
Guilty by Association
19,345 Posts
Predator and SCT are the biggest tuning handhelds most places use.... you can't go wrong with either. You need a handheld and then pick up some free software from either tuner website. you will also need the cable to hook it up to your computer. I use diablosport and I use the software they have on their website. I just import and export data right onto my laptop, data log what I need like 1/4mile runs and just driving around up to 30min at a time. Put them on the computer and look over everything.
You can also send that data to your tuner and they can hook you up with a better starter tune based on how you drive and whats on the truck.

by the way right behind you Chance04 at 130400
:bigtu

·
Guilty by Association
19,345 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys! Btw someone mentioned a navi fuel filter?...

Also should I do a data log and call up a company and tell them what I need/have. Send them the datalog and maybe be one step ahead of the tuning process?

Big question is, does JDM tune with SCT? I just sold my Predator because most places use SCT.
navi filter is just bigger, flow stays stronger for longer.

JDM ONLY uses SCT so your good

1 - 20 of 33 Posts