Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my gauges today a speedhut fuel pressure and an Aeroforce. I did add a fuse for the fuel pressure gauge and tied it into the ignition 30amp fuse for my 12v and tied the dial light into the dimmer fuse with an add a fuse. Works perfect and looks great. I fired truck up to check that gauge and make sure there was no leaks in fuel line and gauge was working. Shut truck back off, plugged Aeroforce into obdII and it powered on without ignition on which I thought I was weird, is that normal? It lit up but no display. When I start truck it fires, idles for about 3 seconds and dies. Anyone have this problem before or have any idea why it would do this with the simplest gauge to install? Just my luck. Lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any ideas I guess? lol I was looking at the back of the gauge last night and installation instructions and I don't see the red jumper on the jumper wires. I wonder if that could be why it is doing what it is doing?

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
IIRC its normal for the Interceptor to come on briefly when you first plug it into the ODB port. When this happens the annunciator lights illuminate and the home screen with some logo (Interceptor, Lightning, SC F150, etc.) displays before turning off. After the initial plug-in it should only come on at start up.

I can't imagine the Interceptor causing the stall issue you describe. What ignition wire did you tap into to power the FP gauge? I wonder if there are any ignition sources that tie to the PATS system. Highly unlikely but I'm spit-balling.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I sold my old one but just received my new one and if I remember correctly it does briefly turn on when plugged in. Nothing to worry about but I'll double check when I open up my new one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I tied into the main 30amp ignition fuse for the fuel pressure and tied the back lights into the dimmer fuse which was 5 amp. Ok that is fine on the lighting up. I think my gauge is missing the red jumper for the jumper on the gauge to be solely powered by obd II and not running alternate power wire, could that cause it? I emailed Aeroforce customer service this morning. Also when I plug the interceptor into the obd II it lights up but nothing else comes on and it stays lit the whole time and doesn't go out.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Maybe u received the wrong model? What does it say on the back. The ones for these trucks if I remember correctly are FD series

·
Jeffv333
2,234 Posts
It will stay on I believe til you program it. Did you program your gauge yet?
Once programmed it will stay on, after shut off on truck it will stay on for a little bit then turn off(after its programmed).

Here's a diagram I made.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Air Force asked me to ship the gate back to them so I did. They emailed me today stating that the gauge is working fine along with the cord asked if I had a tuna on the truck I told him no the truck is stock #aftermarket radio or an alarm has no alarm but when I bought it it had an aftermarket stereo in it what would that have to do with the gauge working?

·
Converted
117 Posts
I recently picked up a pair and had issues. They power off after a few minutes. I've ran power and used the jumper. I also have WB & FP. I opened an RMA, just never sent them in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts