Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad day!! It appears the Gateway Raceway will be closing and selling off everything at the track in March 2011. Was so nice to have a track so close by. Really sucks.

Back to the streets?

·
Registered
774 Posts
yeah, last i heard before this was there was talks about it, but nothing final..... but have also heard that for quite a few years too.

they can tear down the circle track, thats used maybe 3-4 times a year? keep the drag strip, and if anything, they could turn the circle track into a dirt track, kinda like pevely and tri-city.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have heard that there isnt any hope for gateway to stay open.However,there will be a HEATED 1/4 track opening next year in troy,mo.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Always sad to see a local drag strip close...Of course it will increase street racing and all the bad things that can happen with that...Was the track well supported?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Yea,idk about prep at gateway as its the only track I have ever been to,so I cant really comment on that.But the way it was ran was garbage,the bikes and the 8sec cars would get 2-3 runs for every "slower" car runs.I understand it would probably keep the crowd interested,but its not fair for the slower racers.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Does anyone have any updates on gateway?are they keeping it closed down or trying to open it back up for 2011?

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
sounds like you folks might have to make the trip up to Cordova Ill Race track... it's an NHRA track and within 35 miles of "home"!:bigtu

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
haha you could always come have fun WAYYY over in Kansas City?!:shocked003

You'd have alot more L's to play with?!:bigtu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
SvtRob
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing