Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad day!! It appears the Gateway Raceway will be closing and selling off everything at the track in March 2011. Was so nice to have a track so close by. Really sucks.

Back to the streets?

·
Registered
774 Posts
yeah, last i heard before this was there was talks about it, but nothing final..... but have also heard that for quite a few years too.

they can tear down the circle track, thats used maybe 3-4 times a year? keep the drag strip, and if anything, they could turn the circle track into a dirt track, kinda like pevely and tri-city.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have heard that there isnt any hope for gateway to stay open.However,there will be a HEATED 1/4 track opening next year in troy,mo.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Always sad to see a local drag strip close...Of course it will increase street racing and all the bad things that can happen with that...Was the track well supported?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Yea,idk about prep at gateway as its the only track I have ever been to,so I cant really comment on that.But the way it was ran was garbage,the bikes and the 8sec cars would get 2-3 runs for every "slower" car runs.I understand it would probably keep the crowd interested,but its not fair for the slower racers.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Does anyone have any updates on gateway?are they keeping it closed down or trying to open it back up for 2011?

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
sounds like you folks might have to make the trip up to Cordova Ill Race track... it's an NHRA track and within 35 miles of "home"!:bigtu

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
haha you could always come have fun WAYYY over in Kansas City?!:shocked003

You'd have alot more L's to play with?!:bigtu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts