Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Quick background... Bought a 2.3 KB a couple months ago from a guy local. Has a bunch of spare parts from a previous build that Im scrounging from him for my build next year. Im just parts collecting at this point. Today I was at his house to pick up an IC, mid plate and turkey pan. I went in his garage and he has a timing cover (which i plan on getting) and he also had aeromotive fuel rails, -6AN and -8AN braided fuel lines that he's willing to part with also.

My truck currently has 97 Fuel rails, and 60-lb injectors with stock lines and stock pumps. I literally have the -6AN return line stuff in my cart at summit that I plan on buying for when i do the KB swap and dual 255 pumps in a couple of weeks. Was just reading about that yesterday and found that I should probably do it when i swap pumps to make life a bit easier.

My question is, is it worth putting the aftermarket rails on along with my swap or should I just collect them for my build in the future? I figure if anything it'll be insurance, but I know the 97 rails can hold up some good numbers also.

Until I build the bottom end, the truck will have a 2.3 KB with JLP intake and a 6-lb lower along with 2.5" upper (not positive on official size but thats what it measured) I have a 4lb lower ring if I need to lower the boost some, but I don't beat the shit out of the truck.

FWIW, the build i plan on doing will be built bottom end, ported heads with cams, and i will use the 2.3 KB until i get bored with it and upgrade to a whipple or larger KB

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
These posts are better suited in the gen 2 section. More traffic.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
You'll need a hat or modify the stock hat to run the -8. I would go with 97 rails, a kirban regulator, upgraded return line, and the 60s. Keep everything else for later.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn for once I thought I had the right section 😂 But for real, thanks for the insight. Ill pick everything up but just upgrade my return. I forgot to mention I have an aeromotive FPR. Thanks bud!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can the return line be upgraded without modifying the hat?
From what I researched, yes. If you buy the appropriate fittings the return line can be upgraded

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Yes. There's a how to on here somewhere

·
Registered
145 Posts

Here’s the return line upgrade that has been mentioned. If you scroll through some other ppl have some insight to make your life easier than the already great write-up.

·
Registered
754 Posts
How much does upgrading the return line help? can you upgrade feed line without modifying anything?
You can. Return only comes into play if your pressure starts raising at idle. Usually a sign of bad regulator or too small of a return. At WOT you will rarely have an issue as you are using much more fuel.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts