Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK, I think i get it. the only vacuum applied is when it is being sent to intake and that never causes a vacuum value/reading in tank. " Vacuum up"
Yes I will leave it on and functioning

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
so, the FTP switch sees a certain range of pressure for a length of time due to temperature and fuel slosh to verify proper operation. The E85 will have a different expansion rate (reed pressure) will the operating range need to be tuned to operate?

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
You kidda hit the nail on the head with that statement. With less than 30000 total built this truck is rare!
I think you misunderstood me.

I meant you keep saying street truck build like that's a rare thing. 99% of lightnings are street trucks. And 30,000 isn't rare. 200 is rare.

A few years ago before the world lost its mind these trucks could be had in stock form for 10-15k every day all day.

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
so, the FTP switch sees a certain range of pressure for a length of time due to temperature and fuel slosh to verify proper operation. The E85 will have a different expansion rate (reed pressure) will the operating range need to be tuned to operate?

20 gallons of gasoline will expand .38 gallons with a temperature swing of 20 degrees.

20 gallons of e85 in the same setting with expand .44 gallons.

.06 gallons is a difference of .3%. I doubt anything needs adjusted to account for such a small variance.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Great I feel like with all this info it should function properly. This E85 build is a little pain full for me as it my first but my next should be a lot smoother.
30000 in 5 years is not a lot. Mustangs, Camaro, firebird, Vette they make 100K plus for each GEN none really rare just a couple special built in each. Now I owned a Holden GTO, like it or not they are rare, 3 year production 25000 ish?
I cant wait to talk about ERG.

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
6 years.

E85 isn't nearly as complicated as some try and make it. Use compliant parts. Test your fuel. Easy day.

I had my evap with the e85 for a while. I deleted it simply for the lack of under hood clutter. My truck as this point has zero emissions left on it.

· Registered
8,516 Posts
cap OFF, will there be a dirveablity issue?
No issue at all. When the computer runs the evap monitor and sees that there is an issue with the system it will simply turn the check engine light on to let you know there is an issue.

The issue with the computer calculating fuel trims correctly comes into play when the evap system is removed and components are electrically disconnected and physically removed. Its kinda like the PCV system. The PCV system is a known vacuum leak that has been taken into consideration in the calibration. If you delete the PCV system and just run two breathers other items can be affected slightly like idle and off idle coast down etc... Its very minimal but deleting the PCV system does "confuse" the computer a little. Now there is no switch to turn off the PCV system because its not monitored like EGR and EVAP are but that controlled vacuum leak is known to the computers calibration.

JJ

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I still have been working on the fuel system. As I said in my introduction I acquired this project while it was in progress. The person who sold this to me has a garage full for equipment that I have been licquidating for the family. I have found more pieces of the truck that include some new fuel pumps, socks, connectors, and have very robust looking dual relay. also tuning software, 2 PDA programmers, wide bane data logger with cables and more!!!.
I have already committed to the FORE stuff I'll talk about this stuff later. I just got my engine back and would like to talk about the build in another thread

21 - 34 of 34 Posts