Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hiding from the desert heat all summer, so I haven't really made any progress on my turbo build. After chasing a couple of issues, it's idling and got into positive numbers on the boost gauge, but the tune still needs a lot of work. Now, there don't seem to be any tuners in the area that anyone recommends, so I'm looking at new shops.

One in particular seems very eager and reasonably priced. However, I am dubious of a few things when talking to them. In particular, I was told that 99-02 trucks were return-style fuel systems, and 02-04 trucks were returnless. Now, I know damn well my 04 is return-style, and he said that they've been seeing a few return-style trucks in the later years. Does ANYONE have an OEM returnless fuel system on their truck? I'm DQ-ing this shop on the spot unless someone can verify that later year Lightnings did in fact use the Cobra style returnless setup...

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Find another shop. Gen 2 Lightnings utilize return systems.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Run... run far away from that shop.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Yeah that shop doesn't know it's ass from its elbow

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
There was one year where the 04 Lightning was still produced in the old body style at the old plant and the new body style 04 F150 was produced, the 04 F150 did have returnless so most likely they are confused and yes I agree with others that if they dont know the facts on this subject they most likely shouldnt be working on, much less tuning your vehicle.

JJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts