Lightning Rodder banner

61 - 80 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Josh,

Tanya will get the balance squared away this weekend.

I can be last so you can put other people ahead of me even if I'm paid up. I'm in no hurry to get the kit. It won't go on the truck until I can wrangle someone to help me install it. That might be months down the road.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Josh, the balance for the billet kit and 3rd pump relay has been sent.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Im not sure about the gift/fee but there should not be any fee (for you) since i have PP threw my bank account...:rockon_ford
Hmm not sure, I can check tonight what happened. I think even if it's sent from your bank, but normal (not as a gift) it still wacks the fee.

Verified a few balances for you guys that posted last night...
B4Thunder03 good
Stricken good
txjiujitsu good
chesster51 good
ami2fst4u good, but I need to know if it's for a HD or L, that piece wasn't in the notes

A case of techflex sleeving came in yesterday. All the mounting hardware came in the day before, and the 8 awg lugs all came in. Waiting for the big shipment of a few thousand feet of cable, heat shrink, a case of PRMs, fuses, terminals, etc. That should all come at once and I can get moving. Got all the address labels printed, and aiming to write the directions tonight.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hmm not sure, I can check tonight what happened. I think even if it's sent from your bank, but normal (not as a gift) it still wacks the fee.
This is correct. If not friends and family then the person receiving the money gets hit with the fee.
If friends and family then no one pays the fee if it is CASH from a bank account. If friends and family on a credit card then the sender gets hit with the fee.

Just sayin.

Going to send my balance in a sec too Josh.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Seems Paypal changed it up a little. When I wen't to pay Josh the balance, and went to "Send money", it didn't give me the "purchase" or "friends and family" options like it used to. It just had a spot to enter the amount, then a box to check to be covered by Paypal's purchase protection. I didn't check the box, so I imagine Josh got the full amount with no fee's?

·
14,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Pretty sure yours came thru as the full amount Sonic.

I don't want to make a big deal out of this, if it's just one here or there it's no biggie, I was just giving the heads up.

I just really am trying to get pricing as low as I can while still being worthwhile my time and effort to do these things, since quality parts alone are expensive so material costs are high, and I'm definitely undercharging for labor on what you'd pay any wiring/fabrication shop to build something of the same caliber. But I enjoy wiring so I don't mind doing it for a bit less than I really should be since it is part hobby, and there's nothing aftermarket as nice and as finished so I take pride in bringing something niche to the L/HD community. The cost is still on the high end even being a bargain for what you're getting, so if I can knock a few more bucks off for guys by saving fee's, rather than build the fee into my expenses, I do that to help keep the amount as low as I can for people. A few bucks here and there is no biggie, but over 80 kits it'd be an extra ~350 in fee's that I would have had to price into the kits if I didn't do it this way....which nobody ends up getting that fee money, so why not save the seller & the buyer the money, rather than the buyer charging the seller to cover the fee then PP get the money lol

I'm sure they'll crack down more, but in the mean time, may as well save where ya can.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Josh, sent you a PM. The wiring kit will be installed on a Lightning.

·
14,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thanks!

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,837 Posts
Did you get my paid balance

·
Panty Dropper
5,908 Posts
Im linked threw my bank account. Says no fee...
You don’t pay a fee when sending funds through bank account, you do when using credit card. This has no bearing on the fees paid by the seller when you send money as goods and services. Sending as a gift has no fee.

·
14,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Did you get my paid balance
Got it!

Im linked threw my bank account. Says no fee...
I think that's just to fund your account. It still wacks it on sending. $48.25 came thru on the deposit. I can send ya a screen shot. Not a big deal, I'm not worried about the $1.75 on the $50 lol, folks like Lew and StruckinAz have thrown me a few extra bucks it all balances it out in the end. Just didn't want to get wacked on fees from every kit since 3% times 70 kits adds up lol :smt023

Hey Josh,
Balance sent with tip.
Thank You Bro,
Lew
Appreciate it Lew! My next 6 pack is funded by that tip, and I'm gonna go thru a few six packs before all these kits are done haha! :cheers Good to see ya again Saturday buddy!

Josh, Balance sent.
Got it!

I should be good. Tanya said she sent $130,000 your way.
Got it! I'm actually going to refund everyone else their money, and just build your $130,000 kit and call it a day [smilie=om LOL!!! Man wouldn't that be nice haha

[QUOTE="tylerallencars, post: 5356306, member: 5849"]Balance sent![/quote]

Got it!

I got all the materials in, got everything laid out, getting my "assembly line" setup all organized, got the directions all written up for each style kit. Knocked out the first 5 kits already, and Saturday was fully swamped with the JLP shootout, and Sunday with kid stuff, yard stuff, etc. This week I'm getting some things pre-fabbed, all the wire lengths pre-cut, basically getting setup to really crank these out in the most efficient manner. So takes a little work to get started on final products, but once I'm fully setup should be able to crank out 20-30 a week.

I'll get pics of the materials up tomorrow. Trying to get the JLP pics up tonight, and work on some relay harness pieces.

61 - 80 of 181 Posts