Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes all the componets are E85 compliant except the filler neck hoses. I will have to find compliant products when i drop the tank. I'm convinced, the complete Fore system is what I'm using. and I'm using both of the factory circuits to trigger primary and secondary pumps. no 820 ohm resistor. I'm I missing anything else?

·
10 second street truck
12,799 Posts
Yes all the componets are E85 compliant except the filler neck hoses. I will have to find compliant products when i drop the tank. I'm convinced, the complete Fore system is what I'm using. and I'm using both of the factory circuits to trigger primary and secondary pumps. no 820 ohm resistor. I'm I missing anything else?

The filler neck isn't going to be an issue.

·
10 second street truck
12,799 Posts
I will take no chances with E85 & $3500 worth of fuel components , I will change the rubber filler hoses to E85 compliant, Amazon sells the stuff.
If you some how think that the filler hose is going to degrade in the 30 seconds that E85 is touching it, be my guest.

But I can tell you that after 3 years of e85, and having checked my filter and having my injectors cleaned, I've had no issues with the OEM filler neck.

And fwiw my truck is a high dollar build. $3500 is nothing compared to what Ive spent on my truck.

It's full weight, been mid 10s, driven 700 miles, raced an entire weekend and then driven home.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks, there is no detail to small to talk about when we throw large amounts of money into these vehicles. The advice ive been given especially with E85 is it performs well but is caustic and damaging to everything it touches. I'm told never leave it in my tank when I store the truck for the winter as it collects a lot of moisture. That now sparks the conversation for how to winterize, should I weld a drain onto my factory tank? do I run it dry of E85 and put REC fuel in it? I'm thinking what's another $50 for E85 compliant hoses to avoid premature failure?

·
10 second street truck
12,799 Posts
Thanks, there is no detail to small to talk about when we throw large amounts of money into these vehicles. The advice ive been given especially with E85 is it performs well but is caustic and damaging to everything it touches. I'm told never leave it in my tank when I store the truck for the winter as it collects a lot of moisture. That now sparks the conversation for how to winterize, should I weld a drain onto my factory tank? do I run it dry of E85 and put REC fuel in it? I'm thinking what's another $50 for E85 compliant hoses to avoid premature failure?
E85 can be caustic. But that's when it sits in contact. You're running it through the filler neck.

I disconnect my line at the filter and run the pumps to drain it, when it sits long enough.

I put a few gallons in. Connect the line. Run the pumps. Disconnect and drain. Then fill with 92. I did that the first winter. Since then I just leave e85 in it with a little stabilizer.
I just leave enough e85 to move the truck around and when I want to drive it dump 10 gallons of fresh fuel in it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
When I store my other fuel injected GAS cars I run fuel low and dump a bottle of injector cleaner in what's left. When they get to their storage place I pull fuel pump fuse and let them run dry. NO fuel drain for me, I will run this one low and put REC 90 and injector cleaner , pull pump fuse for storage. Not to be defiant, I'm getting E85 filler hose!

·
10 second street truck
12,799 Posts
When I store my other fuel injected GAS cars I run fuel low and dump a bottle of injector cleaner in what's left. When they get to their storage place I pull fuel pump fuse and let them run dry. NO fuel drain for me, I will run this one low and put REC 90 and injector cleaner , pull pump fuse for storage. Not to be defiant, I'm getting E85 filler hose!

Get whatever you want man. I'm just offering real world experience. I'm going to go ahead and bow out from here. You do whatever you want, because it's clear you know best.

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
159 Posts
Better to overbuild I say. It can always be cut back in the tune with a good tuner. But not enough fuel will leave you in my position. ( Truck in the yard with a empty engine bay).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes, I laid out al of my components to figure out how to rout hoses, regulator, fliter ect. I relized that I need to run with AN -10feed and -8 return. I think some of the stuff I got with the project is for the remote trans controller setup. So I Email Fore today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The project came with a lot of stuff. In the Aeromotive fuel rail box were -10 O ring fittings. When I sorted all of the other AN stuff out I realized that there is a bunch of AN -10 stuff. That is for fuel for sure. some of the -8 stuff is for the remote mount trans cooler. I should of inventoried what I had first. The Fore pump fittings are not even installed all the way (hand tight) I switch out the 5 for the bigger stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I spent some time cleaning and assembling the intake/fuel injectors and rails. I also put together the mid plate and intercooler. It came with the JC performance mid plate and a Trick intercooler. The engine is being blueprinted, balance and degreed with some killer parts, I'll get to that later. and a 3.4 whipple. this thing is gonna make some serious power. I dont think I can do anything a this point unless it is BIG

21 - 40 of 44 Posts