Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to use the stock fuel tank over mounting the fuel cell in the bed. I'm using -8 feed -6 return hoses, aeromotive fuel rails and regulator with FIC 95# @ 58PSI injectors. Everything is E85 compatible. So I got a quote from LFP that includes A Fore billet hat/sender to fit factory tank, 2 450 LPH pumps, wire harness and filter.
Do I need the Fore controller or can the factory PCM be tuned to run the pumps correctly?

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,627 Posts
You will need to run a larger positive wire to the pumps and ground the pump to the frame...
You don't need the Fore controller..., Get one of those Bussman power/relay blocks. Part number 37702-1AN0022
Use the stock +/- wires to trigger the relay.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,627 Posts
You can contact Josh for one of his kits.

·
10 second street truck
12,840 Posts
I need the billet hat for E85. is there another option?
I know you do. I also have the billet for hat. But I found a used one and ran different pumps.

I have a fore billet hat. Metco rails. Fore regulator. -8 feed and return. Dual dw300s and the wiring kit from hd circuitry with the stock pcm running everything. I have id1050x's and run e85. I've had this setup for 3 years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know you do. I also have the billet for hat. But I found a used one and ran different pumps.

I have a fore billet hat. Metco rails. Fore regulator. -8 feed and return. Dual dw300s and the wiring kit from hd circuitry with the stock pcm running everything. I have id1050x's and run e85. I've had this setup for 3 years.
Nice, I'm waiting for Fore to call me. also I contacted Josh for his relay setup. The engine is going to make alot of power so I'm concerned about the pressure/flow of fuel. I also want to package it neatly

·
10 second street truck
12,840 Posts
Nice, I'm waiting for Fore to call me. also I contacted Josh for his relay setup. The engine is going to make alot of power so I'm concerned about the pressure/flow of fuel. I also want to package it neatly
I make 730 so I can understand your concerns. I have no issues maintaining power and fuel flow.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,768 Posts
Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
946 Posts
Can always run a 3rd pump on a Hobbs switch. That's what I do. Triple 450's. 55 psi base pressure with id1050x injectors. Plenty of fuel flow.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, after a lot of input I am going with the Fore wide body 2 450 pump with pigtails, controller with wire harness in my AN - size and filter, tap. This set up is also triggered by the factory harness and PCM and the rest of the stuff on the circuit like 2 relays, fuel pump cut off and drop resistor.
Do I need the remove resistor and take that circuit straight to ground?

·
Registered
8,480 Posts
If your using any type of pump controller all you need is a trigger wire. There is no need for any extra relays or resistors or anything. I've been offering complete full fuel systems for over 12 years and use Fore products and the controllers they offer. I also use PTFE hose and fittings and -8 feed and return. Pump selection with E85 is crucial as well.

Most times when I get a truck in the shop that has full fuel system already installed and it has issues its because whoever did the system totally over thunk it...and I've seen some crazy stuff, even crazy stuff sold to people marketed as fuel systems.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts