Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,061 Posts
Yes. Many do. Others have issues. It's a crap shoot.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,457 Posts
most swap to 97 rails with an adjustable FPR in the 97 rails when injectors are added

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
My 01 has been running 60's / 255's with stock lines, rails and fp regulator since 2007 - no issues at all.

As previously stated - works for some / doesn't work for others.

Bird

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
Mine was running this way even with the new block and Whipple just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long crank to start 02 lightning

Im having issues with my 02 lightning starting up .i have to put the key forward about three times and then itll start right up otherwise itll crank for about 4-5 seconds before it starts .truck runs good i recently had the resistor eliminated ,bought new fuel filter, changed fuel lines . truck has 60lb injectors, 255 walbros. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rails and one thing i noticed when i put the key forward is that the pressure goes up all the way to 60 but then instantly comes back to 40 psi and stays their is that normal? Do i need to install a adjustable fpr? Please help

·
Registered
43 Posts
What kind of Regulators are y'all running on 97 fuel rails? I need to buy one. I've read automotive and Accufab. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I put a Kirban regulator and 97 fuel rails on my buddies Whipple Lightning. Hint, make sure all the O-rings are on there before you put the regulator on! Instant fuel leak!

·
11 second street truck
10,061 Posts
I put a Kirban regulator and 97 fuel rails on my buddies Whipple Lightning. Hint, make sure all the O-rings are on there before you put the regulator on! Instant fuel leak!
The kirban is a great choice

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 97 fuel rail and a Kirban pressure regulator but I couldn't get it to fit without it hitting the air intake elbow of my Whipple 2.3. Anyone else have this issue and got the Kirban to work?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 97 fuel rail and a Kirban pressure regulator but I couldn't get it to fit without it hitting the air intake elbow of my Whipple 2.3. Anyone else have this issue and got the Kirban to work?
I didn't have any problem on my buddy's truck with a 2.3 Whipple and a Kirban regulator.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sure looks like it should fit. I wonder why I had a problem. I think in the spring I may look at trying it again. Hopefully Whipple did not slightly change the air intake on their latest 2.3 and that is my problem. The back vacuum tap looks to be close but I don't think that was my issue. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures!

·
11 second street truck
10,061 Posts
Any one have a link for this Kirban Regulator?
Google man... Kirban is a brand. You need one for an 94-98 mustang.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts