Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‼‼‼PLEASE READ, HELP OR SHARE‼‼‼

Im having a fuel issue. I thought it was the T in the line but its not. I replaced it with a wye and its still doing the same thing.

Fuel Mods.
Dual DW300. -8an out of the fuel hat. Through a jiffy-tite quick connector (female 31408. Male 32308 on summit racing) (male fitting on the fuel hat. Female on the line) not sure if that matters. to a DW110FF. Splits to a “Y”. Each line goes into the front rails. Metco rails…. Out of the back to a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. From there a -6an to the tank.

The truck will get down at first and the Air fuel gauge will creep up to 16-17. Does not have the power it should. Had this problem before the new fuel system. It will not adjust fuel pressure above 42lbs. I noticed at idle the return trickles out… i unplug a pump and it pours like it should. I can adjust the fuel pressure however i want it. It will adjust above 42lbs. Ok. I figure one pump is reversed. I plug the one in and unplug the other. Same thing. I believe something is going on with the wiring to the pumps now and I NEED HELP. Please. Its the only thing not changed or touch on the fuel system.

The two wires for the pump come down to one pump. Then each wire comes out of there to the other pump. I got the truck like this. It was not running before i got it. Had a blown engine and i think they were having the same problem im having now.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

·
Registered
844 Posts
-6 return should be fine. Sounds like a voltage issue. When you unplug one pump the other gets full voltage. Are you feeding both pumps with stock wiring? This can be a problem. If so I would run relays using stock wiring as the trigger wire. Then feed 10 gauge wire from battery to relay/pumps. This is what I do on my trucks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,665 Posts
-6AN is what most guys use with a stock feed line

-8AN is probably what you need

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thing about it is if it was overrunning the regulator then the truck would be going rich.... Not lean. Now I would run a -8 return as well but I highly doubt the 6an return is hurting a thing. I would put money on it being a insufficient voltage issue.

Reactions: Dusten

·
10 second street truck
12,086 Posts
Thing about it is if it was overrunning the regulator then the truck would be going rich.... Not lean. Now I would run a -8 return as well but I highly doubt the 6an return is hurting a thing. I would put money on it being a insufficient voltage issue.

When I over ran the regulator in didn't go rich. I lost all ability to control fuel pressure and the truck went lean the longer it ran.
FP didn't respond to boost either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts