Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well am new at this race fuel stuff and i want to ask u guys a ?? What if i get some bad pump gas at a local gas station what other gas can i mix it with just to keep my engine safe from detonation?? Or the octane booster from a local auto store would work??:smt100 THANKS!!:smt023

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
not really sure how this pertains to race fuel unless you got a bad tank of 100/110

octane booster is garbage..when it says one point..thats one tenth, 93 would become 93.1 and its hard on plugs if used a lot.

personally Id stay off the throttle and drive around with OD off to burn it off quicker..as you use it up you can pump in premium from a station that doesn't suck

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
Jump the fuel pump relay and drain all the gas out through the fuel rail shrader valve, or just drive it and dont full throttle it till all the gas is gone.
Thats what I would do too.

Since I have a nitrous setup thou, it makes draining the tank much easier.

You should be fine just driving it around staying out of boost till its all gone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i cant mix 93 octane premium gas with 100/110 octane fuel just to make sure its safe and away from detonation?

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
if you have bad gas, even if you mix Id stay out of it until that tank is gone

unless you have a mild race tune made with that kinda mix in mind I wouldn't bother with it

I could be wrong but I think with the way gas is pumped in to a central fueling area that all the stations pull from, unless the station is watering it down on purpose the only other way there should be a problem is if the tank is leaking and letting water and other crud in

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
^^what they ALL said.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i mix half a tank of 91(that premium out west) and half a tank of 100 all the time, its expensive and probably over kill since im tuned for 91 tune:smt102. i was talking to some guy at a show and he was telling me about Torco.

http://www.torcousa.com/ .

im sure someone here has tried it and could elaborate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
lvgolfer962
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing