Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel filler neck (and the rubber hoses) on my 01 Lightning have seen better days and I was just going to replace everything. The whole OEM assemby is pricey and I was just going to piece it together with some Gates hoses and such. But, I was searching, and saw the 97/98 Fuel Filler Neck (with hoses) that looks pretty identical, and it is massively cheaper. The OEM Ford part numbers don't line up between the 2, but was hoping someone might have looked at that before and could let me know if there really is a difference. The diameter looks to be the same, as well as the shape, etc.

Anyone have any input, before I just purchase one and check.

Thanks!

·
local painter
2,927 Posts
You have to trim a little off each end Match it up to the old one and mark it to cut
6DCEA39F-5CA2-477C-A137-0D53BF570207.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I was wondering if anyone had purchased the whole neck (the metal filler neck, with the rubber hoses) and the 97/98 one actually would fit. My metal filler neck (while not rusted through or anything) needs to be replaced.

·
local painter
2,927 Posts
It’s not replaceable. You would need a tank.
D959E33F-ED6A-4A7C-AE80-9E7766B8B296.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry if I wasn't clear before, as I wasn't talking about the neck on the tank itself, I was talking about the metal neck that connects to the bed (and you fill up from). That full piece, like the attached picture, has different part numbers for the 97/98 version and the 99-03 version (that is way more expensive, but looks the same).

Wondering if they really are the same, if anyone has any experience with it. My gut tells me there is some tiny difference that will make it not fit, but I just cannot find it.

fuelfillerneck1.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts