Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,..ok after my first few mods(58' tbars,ftvb) i am getting a strange noise at wot shift it sounds like a small amount of belt slip and makes a chirping noise similar to a turbos popoff valve only much shorter duration. I wished it was a tire chirp but it seems i got one of the ones that the shift is not real hard or my tranny is getting weak. either way anyone else had something familiar to this sound after the ftvb install?

perhaps i should try to contact greg and see if i should try to switch out the vbody for a different one to gain a harder shift?

decided to post over here instead of the other two cause this place needs some life. [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Greg seems to be very good at what he does so I would think contacting him direct if possible would get you the best information.

Thanks for the support as we do need more life over here. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would make sense to me that it would be a belt squeek but damned difficult to comfirm.

gonna try to tape in a digital recorder in a few places to locate it for sure [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nope, no need to worry. This is normal for a lot of the FTVB's. It is called "the squeal". I read a lot of posts with people explaining the exact same situation you are having. I thought to myself - self - I dont have "the squeal" and I just installed the FTVB. Wouldnt you know - 2 days later mine started to "squeal" at the WOT shifts, or when you get on it but let off before the shift. If yours is like mine, look at the left idler pulley (as you are looking down at your engine). It will start to strip the paint/coating off of the idler pulley. Greg at Factory Tech explained that because the FTVB shifts quicker, it doesnt let the torque of the engine to "simmer down" before the shift and the idler pullies tend to screech, or "squeal" with the shifts - or something to that nature........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts