Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled coil packs yesterday evening to check for water (washed under hood 2 weeks ago).......Bone dry. Checked my DPFE hoses and all was connected. I did however see where the EGR tube burned a spot on the hard plastic pcv line. This was due to the fact that the hoses on the DPFE were reversed when I got the truck back. As I am typing I am wondering if I am getting air into that tube. The burned spot does not look to be through the tube, but I guess I gotta look into that now. Would the tune cause this damn miss???? Cruises fine and WOT hits (the few I made) seem alright. The miss comes at around 3/4 throttle in any gear. Example: Car in front of me turns......I let off the gas and coast. I then get back into the throttle (truck does not downshift) normally. If I push to 3/4 throttle, it starts to buck and miss. Cannot figure it out. I also bypassed the DPFE and it still does it.
I have a brand new built motor and it is killin' me I have this problem.

Any thoughts

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I know this sounds stupid, but it is probably in the tune...If I had to guess you MAF Transfer is a little off in the range that is giving you problems.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this sounds stupid, but it is probably in the tune...If I had to guess you MAF Transfer is a little off in the range that is giving you problems.
That is EXACTLY what I am thinking!!!! I am going to call [email protected] tomorrow morning and become a customer. I think the base tune my builder has on the truck is probably not set up to spec with my mods.

This reply makes me feel ALOT better

Thanks and will update soon....Keep the thoughts coming!!!!

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Just delete the EGR so that won't be a issue!!

Wayne

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably going to yank the egr soon.....Going to have Rick turn it off in the tune.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But I wonder if that pcv line might have a leak where the EGR tube burned it.....I would have unmetered air getting around the MAF and this might cause the bucking maybe. A reach but it is something I can check this evening. Still leaning towards the tune though.......

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
I Doubt its that pvc line causing you problems... mines burned off completely lol, i ran the truck without it also... no problems.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
^and alot easier to change without the EGR. I used the how to here and had Loki cut the bracket as shown in the how to.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do not think it is the plugs...not ruling it out though. I would think that it would miss at WOT if it were a plug. It is not missing at WOT. But like I said, I am not ruling anything out. Plugs will be the next thing to check after I get the new tune installed.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I Doubt its that pvc line causing you problems... mines burned off completely lol, i ran the truck without it also... no problems.
Not the little green line to the EGR....The 1/2 inch hard pcv line running from the valve cover to the bottom of the boot. If it was completely gone, you would have to plug the hole under the boot to keep unmetered air from getting in.

Cannot wait to iron this problem out.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Ignition missfires normally occur at max load on the system. It would fall right in the RPM range that you are talking about.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ignition missfires normally occur at max load on the system. It would fall right in the RPM range that you are talking about.

If the tune does not clear it....Def doing plugs next. Maybe the plug gap might be off. Gapped at .034. My old engine would run like garbage if I did not have it gapped at .037. ho hum......Going to run this down this weekend!!!!

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Coil will act just a bad plug.
My builder did replace one of my coil packs due to the tab being broke off.....looks like I am taking it off and putting my old one back on to check.

GREAT CALL!!!! Worth a look for sure. It is the pack under the fuel pressure reg though :smt013 break out the little wrench.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Remove the two 8mm bolts that hold the fuel line to the lower intake. This will allow the fuel line to move back and forth. That way you can get a socket on the 7mm coil bolt easily.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great tip...will do

1 - 20 of 20 Posts