Lightning Rodder banner

found the chip!

803 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Lightningdan 
#1 ·
went to the shop today to try an upload my new tune

took the eec out an removed the chip, its a diablo the tag on it says cuv2380s

does that mean anything? is there anywhere i can go to see if this was a custom tune or just a mail away>?

so now that the chip is out ( i unplugged the battery to take the eec out) i attach the sct an turn it on, i select my tune, an continue with the screen instructions, man now i got a upload screen, this is looking good!! BAM! "un able to upload program" "invalid vehicle identification"

guess im gonna have to send this sucker back...

#2 ·
did you reconnect the battery? haha you should be good to go. was there any wires with a switch attached to the chip? when you took the eec out of the truck to take the chip out correct? and did it start up after you took the chip out?

#4 ·
yup disconnected the battery, unplugged chip ( no wires attached) THEN hooked the battery back up an fired up fine

custom tunes already loaded on the sct? probably wrong strategy code, retrieve it using the sct handheld and contact your tuner and give them the code and they should re-write your tune with the correct strategy code =]
i loaded my custom tune on to the hand held last night, selected it an uploaded it to the truck, then it didnt complete an said it wasnt matching, would i have been able to get this far if the unit was locked?

the status of the handheld says locked, so i guess it truly is locked an has to be sent back, i was confused because in the device info it says

unlocks: 5

i was figuring it was locked up an needed to be sent back, now with the strategy..... brought up it makes me think...

#5 ·
It probably says that because its locked to some other vehicle...not yours. As was mentioned in the last thread you need to send it back and have it unlocked...I'd be curious to know how a brand new tuner is locked to some other vehicle

#8 ·
Just throwing this out there.... but, did you plug in and download vehicle info into the tuner while the cuv2380s chip was installed?

If so, maybe now on the upload and because of the now missing cuv2380s chip, the tuner is "seeing" a different vehicle. :smt102

#9 ·
you can upload a tune with the wrong strategy code and it will run. or try to, when i first got my sct x3 with the custom tunes the tuner had used a generic strategy code, and when i loaded it, my truck would start but would die instantly, put it back to stock and emailed my tuner and he asked for me to retrieve the strategy code and once i did i emailed it to him and he sent the tunes back to me and problem solved.

but if your handheld is vin-locked to another vehicle you're s.o.l. unless you get it unlocked somehow.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.