Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Pulled the intercooler on my wife's 99 to clean it and do the turkey pan plug. Noticed some damage to the blower fins and found a cotter pin sized piece of metal in the bottom of the turkey pan. Is this something to be concerned with? We bought it about 3 years ago from the original owner who said the only time the supercharger was pulled off was for the intercooler recall. Does this piece appear to be something from the supercharger? Kind of on the fence if the SC should be sent out to be inspected further. Thanks for your time.
Soil Terrestrial animal Paw Concrete Metal

Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Tints and shades Flooring

·
Slevin
1,053 Posts
beats me, but I'd check to see if it spins freely and if you haven't had any issues with it for however long then I'd continue to run it.

To be overly cautious, its a great time to send it to be ported.

·
Registered
380 Posts
if you're going to look at the blower more closely I'd start with the end closest to the spot where it got damaged .. start by checking the case / plate the bearings for the rotors fit in .. look for cracks caused by the shaft ends moving apart to let the piece go through .. when something "gives way" ..it's usually made of aluminum..

beyond that .. if it still works .. maybe it don't need "fixed"...?

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
The marks in your blower and that piece of metal are almost 100% not related.

The metal can't magically pass through your intercooler. That metal in the turkey pan is either from inside the head and passed through an intake valve or was left over from the ic recall.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,291 Posts
beats me, but I'd check to see if it spins freely and if you haven't had any issues with it for however long then I'd continue to run it.

To be overly cautious, its a great time to send it to be ported.
How did it get through the inter cooler?
That's correct. How could it be from the blower with that intercooler in between it and the bottom of the turkey pan. Maybe something left in there inadvertently by the last person to have it apart?

Reactions: 1qwk67
1 - 7 of 7 Posts