Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found a Lightning that is what I want. 03 Sonic Blue with the stock chrome rims that were an option. 2nd owner and only 21K miles completely stock. Sits in a garage next to some high dollar cars.

He is asking around $21K. What do you guys think of that price?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Its low miles which is nice but I would still say that's kinda high. You can get yourself a very nice built Lightning that probably runs 10's for that kinda money, unless you want a stock one for some reason. I picked up my 01 2 years ago for 11k and it had 59K miles on it.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
If you are going to mod it, I would say to buy one that is already modded.

If you just want to keep it stock (none of us have ever managed to do that...lol) then I think the price is high. I mean, it REALLY has to be immaculate to get that kind of money. I would talk him down as much as possible, then get back with us...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Book value witch means hardly anything now a days, is 18.8 in my area for that truck. Like every one has said, the seller wants to much.

·
JDM Built/KB 3.2
2,175 Posts
Its too much. I paid 21k for my 2004 Sonic Blue in 2006 at a dealership!! It only had 14.4k miles on it also.

·
Too slow
2,877 Posts
you guys must have stole yours, I paid like 27 for my 04 in April of 07 with 35k miles on it from a dealer

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking it was high but not how much. Was hoping to get it for around $18k. The truck is immaculate. Looking for stock and very low miles. The most I will do for mods is a lower, maf, and a tune.

·
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin Saleen SC
338 Posts
I don't think that price is all that bad. If it's mint, low mileage, unmolested and it's sonic blue....

See if you can get it below 20 IMO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After looking for several months, I bought a 2001 with 31K miles for $16,000, which I think is "about right" - neither high, nor low. But what made me pull the trigger was the fact that it was a one owner truck with light mods and very well taken care of. I think actual condition plays a huge roll in what you're willing to pay. I've seen low mileage truck with wear and tear that shouldn't be.... So, I'd say the truck you're looking at might a good deal at 18-19K..

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
I bought my 04 with 34k last September from a dealer for 20k, might be high for some but a local 66 year old man bought it new and it was bone stock and not a scratch, I wasn't even looking for one but had to have it after I saw it so I traded my 04 comp orange mach 1 for it, it all depends on what you want, I wanted a clean canvas to do exactly what I wanted so I wanted stock, good luck.

·
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin Saleen SC
338 Posts
Condition is everything. It's more important than mileage imo. That's why I bought a super clean 99 with 175,000 miles on it. I've experianced some noobie problems like vac leaks and dumb stuff like that. Now that I know what to look for and where to look...I'm ok with it.

I've seen Lightnings, both stock and built in person and on this forum, that arent in as good a condition as mine. After shipping mine across the counrty, doing new axle seals, tuning and a dual fuel pump replacement...I'm in it $6500. It the engine goes I'd just go built. It runs exactly like some 04s with 30k on the clock.

It all comes down to condition and your budget. If you think this is the best condition vehicle that is within your budget, buy it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts