Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing Fore Innovations L1 Fuel System with FC2 control.

A couple of questions:

How do I get the ECU pump signal to the controller?

Where is a good location to mount the controller?

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,127 Posts
The FC2 needs to be installed in a dry location.., ie inside the cab.
Use the old 12v wire from the pumps as FC signal.
The old pump ground works as a controller ground.
Run a new ground wire from the pumps to the frame.

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
FC2 controller should have come with the ground and power wires already installed into the controller. Run the power directly to battery using supplied in line fuse and run the ground directly to the frame.

As mentioned it installs in the cab and you use the stock power wire as the trigger/signal for the FC2. I mount them in the cab behind the driver.

JJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FC2 controller should have come with the ground and power wires already installed into the controller. Run the power directly to battery using supplied in line fuse and run the ground directly to the frame.

As mentioned it installs in the cab and you use the stock power wire as the trigger/signal for the FC2. I mount them in the cab behind the driver.

JJ
Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, tap into the factory fuel pump connector at the pump and run that to the FC2 controller in the cab?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The FC2 needs to be installed in a dry location.., ie inside the cab.
Use the old 12v wire from the pumps as FC signal.
The old pump ground works as a controller ground.
Run a new ground wire from the pumps to the frame.

Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, tap into the factory fuel pump connector at the pump and run that to the FC2 controller in the cab?

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Is the controller still have a little screws and then you stick the wire under it and tighten the screw down ?

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
What’s up with the ford fever classic ? I guess that’s dead too ?
MIR has no interest in having a Truck and Lightning class any longer, even if we had more trucks in that class the last 3 years compared to the Super Stang class they still have... Oh well

The actual event, Ford Fever is still going on this weekend but we will not be in attendance.

JJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts