Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My Dixie Wrecked
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliffnotes: 08' MKZ tranny fluid good forever or no?

I'm a former ford tech (10 yrs ago) and current diesel mechanic, so I know the game. Normally I do my own shit but for 39$ Ive been having my wife take it to the dealer on her way to work to change the oil and rotate the tires and they measure the brake pads etc...

So I was under the impression that my wifes 08' Lincoln MKZ has "fill for life tranny fluid" in it. I brought it in for some warranty work and of course they read the odometer at 30K and immediately got a hard on :bananahumpfor the 30K service. I laughed, and muttered here comes the gravy train.

For 389$ we can change your oil, check your battery and change your wipe blades and tranny fluid. I questioned the tranny fluid and "we recommend every 30K"...Whats the deal here:smt102?

Obviously I'm not paying 400 bucks to service the tranny...I can do that but does it need to be done. I'd look in the manual but its in the car at the dealer.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
i don't care what they say..... every 40-50,000 for me on anything i drive....... like the oil is supposed to be 10000 on every new oil change but will never listen to that....

only an opinion..... just listen to the manufacturers specs and you can't go wrong anyway you slice it.

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
trany fluid is gona break down just like any other oil so why not replace it ocasionaly F that $400 Shit lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts