Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...it's late, no one is posting on the forums, so I'm bored...

So SVT does Cobra Rs...why not a Lightning R? Would you buy it? I love thinking about the possibilities...

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Some have Photo Chopped the look,
some have actually Moded in that Direction

HELLZ YA, I'd like to see a Special Mod L,

I mean we had the Camaro's, and the Better S/S's, AND THEN THE
69 Candy Apple Red Z28 w/a 302, 411's, Eldel, Headers, Hurst, etc...

We had Fire Birds, then the better Formula's,
AND THEN THE TRANS AM

We had Mustang's, the better GT's, March Ones'
AND THEN THE COBRA'S AND THE (GT350's were they ???)

So many off shoots of the Stang,
GT's, Shelby's, Cobra's Saleen's, Rousch's, Differant Stage's

YOUR RIGHT, I WANT MORE
We have the F-150, then the better Lightning
WHY NOT SOMETHING BETTER HERE TOO [smilie=bow.gif]
AND I MEAN BETTER (motor, s/c, tran's, suspension, exhaust, brakes, interior)..
(of course the outside look too)

I'm with you Bro :smt023

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hell ya, a Lightning R, that would be awesome, lower and stiffer suspension, remove some convience items(pwr seat, radio, a/c) and ported heads and intake with a special tune and of course cooler wheels and lighter. Oh and a 6 speed manual. I can see it in my head that would be awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cervinis now has the parts to make your own Lightning R :smt023

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe that can be the official name of the Lightning poser's I see everywhere.

I gots me a lightnin' R..............

I even saw a quad cab F-series today with Lightning badges, SVT badges, lowered, and anything else they could put on there. Damn, Just Damn.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe it or not, I saw my first Lightning poser today, just an hour ago. Was driving back from the PX, look to my left...oh, a black F150, about '97... Steel bumper, ugly 16" steel whee--what the hell? LIGHTNING BADGES?

I almost drove off the road. I wanted to go park next to him, and leave my truck there, even though it would be a two mile walk home. I didn't realize I'd be so ticked if I ever saw one.

It had NOTHING done to it to make it look like a Lightning, except for the acetoned badges. Geez.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does that make my truck a lightning poser? Its a straight side 98 f150 that has the whole drivetrain out of a lightning along with the whole electrical systems and I have no Lightning badges on it but I do have the frontend of a lightning. and it runs mid 12's

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Saw a mach up last night

I saw a mach up of one in some ones gallery over on NLOC last night that had the 03/04 rims with a R center Cap,wing,and R front bumper, and a R hood. looked okay but to much was added.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like there wont be any Lightnings beyond the 2004 models.
:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
CHIZ said:
ROB, the salleen focus has nitrous.......why not a salleen L? lol

think it was salleen
I saw an 04 Either Saleen or Roush F150 the other day at the dealer. Looked nice, but very expensive, and basically stock with interior/exterior work.

Sometimes I think that these companies missed the boat. Basic, fast, reasonably priced. If I wanted to spend 50K on a truck, it would be custom and very fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts