Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
No and the are very expensive.

They are front fed. Our inter cooler is a perfect match for the lower. Any larger and it becomes a restriction.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Bummer. Well, it has been a while since I have looked at your stuff. Any new dirt on your product keeping the ass end of a 3.4 cool under high boost?

--Steele
Its done and worked like a champ

147 out the back door of the 1/4 with only half ice

pulley combo for 25-27 psi

That was the last thing to test

Before it was 180 at the 1/8th

No ill effects to boost levels.

I want to try it with the MP this winter but need a larger res first

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Nice. What was the ET on that run?
It slipped the tranny the whole pass but I wanted the charge temps numbers
10.9. That was the last time a ran it. The whole top of the tranny was full of fluid and the truck was covered.
A BTS is sitting in the shop to go in for the new owner.

He is scared of it and needs a lot of seat time so its back down to 18 psi now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry I was asleep at the wheel, but you got you answer .... It's completely different. I suggest you get a good pump and a big tank, big lines, with a lot of ice. I use almost 30 lbs of ice per run. IAT's 80 - 90 degrees. Usually gets cooler as it goes. Hottest at the line.

Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cal, what do you think about running a JLP Supercooler (the one that has coils inside it) and filling it with dry ice pellets and no water?

Also, with the ice that you use, have you tried adding salt to lower the temp?

--Steele
I'd just use a big tank and a big pump. No one, even the big dogs, like 6 sec cars use anything but regular ice from my knowledge.

·
Poor driver mod
1,414 Posts
if you are going to run a dry ice setup, you better have a damn good vent on it, and keep that away from the intake, CO2 will not burn at all.

Also because it goes from solid to gas you dont get much surface cooling, water and ice will cool better and longer. Plus ice and water is cheap, dry ice is not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.