1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,880 Posts
I want to but truck is not were it needs to be

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Fred not going to make it this year. Wish I could but lots of things going on in my life and also my brakes are not arriving back from Aerospace until this week. Just not enough time and money to make that commitment for a whole weekend. We had some fun last year though! If your coming up I would take a ride for the day and hang brother. 😚. Pics for some memories!! Whoops I think I may have slipped a wrong pic or 2 in there ;)

43547.jpeg
IMG_0246.JPG
MIR2.jpg
MIR3.jpg
IMG_0245.JPG

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Where will be the event held?
It is held at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek MD.

No truck and lightning class this year, sure does seem that MIR wants this event to die as I have had to push them the last three years to even include a Truck and Lightnin class which I sponsored. Actually last year I sponsored the Truck and Lightning class and the Super Stang class.

No spectators allowed at this event but how they are getting around that is a "non judged car show" where you can have 10 crew persons with you, basically you pay to park in the pits then you can "show your car/spectate" but not be a "spectator". Also racers are allowed 10 crew people as well.

We will be there racing our 19 Mustang GT in the Super Stang class as well as supporting some of our customers that will be there racing. We are just going to have some fun and hopefully run a number.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
JJ I sure hope they fixed the right lane staging tree and beam that cost me 1st place last year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is held at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek MD.

No truck and lightning class this year, sure does seem that MIR wants this event to die as I have had to push them the last three years to even include a Truck and Lightnin class which I sponsored. Actually last year I sponsored the Truck and Lightning class and the Super Stang class.

No spectators allowed at this event but how they are getting around that is a "non judged car show" where you can have 10 crew persons with you, basically you pay to park in the pits then you can "show your car/spectate" but not be a "spectator". Also racers are allowed 10 crew people as well.

We will be there racing our 19 Mustang GT in the Super Stang class as well as supporting some of our customers that will be there racing. We are just going to have some fun and hopefully run a number.

[email protected]
Wow. Good luck! :)

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another dead event for Lightnings 😢
I guess track rentals and car shows are more attractive 😃

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
This weekend actually went pretty well and Saturday was pretty packed with racers, however with no Lightning or Truck class there were not very many to be seen. BTJ was there running in the street et class and I had seen two other Lightnings that I tune running in that class as well.

Friday night TNT was rained out but Saturday and Sunday was great racing weather. Saturday night D/A got down to -800ft. Saturday around noon BTJ ran an [email protected] and was ripping off 10.9's on his dial the rest of the weekend with no problem. We switched the truck to E85 now that the track has it at the pump and it liked it alot. The truck weighed 4550lbs with me in the drivers seat and was on 17 inch Centerlines and a Drag Radial.

Our 19 GT got a new PB of [email protected] and we wound up runner up in Super Stang. It came down to our 19 on an 11.00 dial and a V6 Vert on a 15.83 dial and in the final round we both ran dead on our dial with his reaction time being the deciding factor. So I runner up'd and got a check and trophy so I cant complain and considering it was the first time back behind the wheel since last years Ford Fever event I didnt do too bad.

It sucks that Lightning classes are going away at events like this but the reality is that alot of owners just dont race their trucks and as the number of trucks decreases on a daily basis you just dont have enough around anymore. It was good to see atleast 3 Lightnings this weekend and the best part is that I tune all 3 of them :)

JJ

·
Administrator
18,409 Posts
Another dead event for Lightnings 😢
I guess track rentals and car shows are more attractive 😃
With Spookfest having 60 racers paid up front, I guess most prefer a track rental day where they can race heads up if they want. Or wait for right moment to attempt personal best. Or get a lot of runs in rather than wait a 3 day weekend for their turn. I get the "why" of bracket style racing. A way to even the playing field for lots of combos. But it is not for everyone. The last thing in the world I would ever want to do is to slow my truck down to a legal ET and try to win at the tree and by trying to run consistent. Then spend all the $$$ to enter and multiple night hotel stay on top of it. Of course I would lose the battle at the line to someone who did it all the time...

Although I do miss the big national events it was more about seeing our Lightning people. Not really the class racing that pulled me there. Some of the big classes were worth seeing though!

Jim

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
With Spookfest having 60 racers paid up front, I guess most prefer a track rental day where they can race heads up if they want. Or wait for right moment to attempt personal best. Or get a lot of runs in rather than wait a 3 day weekend for their turn. I get the "why" of bracket style racing. A way to even the playing field for lots of combos. But it is not for everyone. The last thing in the world I would ever want to do is to slow my truck down to a legal ET and try to win at the tree and by trying to run consistent. Then spend all the $$$ to enter and multiple night hotel stay on top of it. Of course I would lose the battle at the line to someone who did it all the time...

Although I do miss the big national events it was more about seeing our Lightning people. Not really the class racing that pulled me there. Some of the big classes were worth seeing though!

Jim
Exactly. Most prefer test and tune to run personal bests at spring and fall events where there is no real racing, just running your truck to see what it has and its a one day event that does not take up your entire weekend.

Then there are those of us who enjoy multiple day events where we can get a few hits in each day, hang out all day and at night having some fun and then do our best in competition to win some cash and a trophy along with bragging rights.

I sponsored the Truck and Lightning class at Ford Fever for 7 years straight, then picked it back up again for 3 more straight years and we would originally have 12-16 Lightnings and Harley's attend and race for three days (keep in mind its really only Sat/Sun but Friday night is a TNT session). We all hung out, got some hits in, watched the fast cars run and even got to see either a wheelstander or a jet car run so you see its much more then just money and a hotel room to "get a few hits in", its a total weekend of entertainment and getting to compete and that is why I sponsored it for so many years and to this day support this event.

Personally I'll take an entire weekend of racing, hanging out, jet cars, a car show, a chance to compete and win cash/trophy with some TNT mixed in over a single day of TNT anytime.

FWIW I entered Super Stang for $50 and won $200 as runner up so its not expensive at all to attend these events.

JJ

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You’re right about that JJ you can run your number on Friday night and then compete Saturday and Sunday! I love bracket racing It’s a lot of analyzing and figuring out how you’re going to win

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This weekend actually went pretty well and Saturday was pretty packed with racers, however with no Lightning or Truck class there were not very many to be seen. BTJ was there running in the street et class and I had seen two other Lightnings that I tune running in that class as well.

Friday night TNT was rained out but Saturday and Sunday was great racing weather. Saturday night D/A got down to -800ft. Saturday around noon BTJ ran an [email protected] and was ripping off 10.9's on his dial the rest of the weekend with no problem. We switched the truck to E85 now that the track has it at the pump and it liked it alot. The truck weighed 4550lbs with me in the drivers seat and was on 17 inch Centerlines and a Drag Radial.

Our 19 GT got a new PB of [email protected] and we wound up runner up in Super Stang. It came down to our 19 on an 11.00 dial and a V6 Vert on a 15.83 dial and in the final round we both ran dead on our dial with his reaction time being the deciding factor. So I runner up'd and got a check and trophy so I cant complain and considering it was the first time back behind the wheel since last years Ford Fever event I didnt do too bad.

It sucks that Lightning classes are going away at events like this but the reality is that alot of owners just dont race their trucks and as the number of trucks decreases on a daily basis you just dont have enough around anymore. It was good to see atleast 3 Lightnings this weekend and the best part is that I tune all 3 of them :)

JJ
Well I would’ve been there but my F250 broke down at the flying J truckstop once I got it started I just headed back to Florida never turned it off again till I got home 😢 I hope you can sponsor this event next year for a truck! Maybe you and Johnny could get together?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts