Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the JLP CR exhaust with HF cats. I'm thinking about putting in my catless straight pipes that came with the kit. The only reason I'm considering doing this is I thought I read here that going catless REDUCED the DRONE resonating in the cab. I figure it will be louder but is there less drone while cruzing. BTW I also have the baffles in the tips.

·
I'm kind of a Big Deal
3,025 Posts
I don't know about that bro.

I've never had cats on my truck, so I don't really have anything to compare too. But, I'll tell you this: It is hard to carry on a normal conversation inside the cab, unless I am completely off the gas.

Can't beat the sound though, IMO.

·
Nick Wilder
422 Posts
I had high flows and removed them on a home made exhaust and it has less resonation in the cab cruising but not when you're excelerating decently hard. I like it I'm used to it. Some older people who ride in mine b**ch and complain but it doesn't bother me.

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I guess I'll post my results! cats are gone! just putting it back together!

:rockon_ford

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Your going to like the sound, I have Bassani O/R mids and love the sound. A little loud but, worth it. Put a sound clip up when your done.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Your going to like the sound, I have Bassani O/R mids and love the sound. A little loud but, worth it. Put a sound clip up when your done.
Ditto! A lot louder than I thought it would be...but I still love it. I don't know about them getting rid of the drone tho...you might be replacing drone with sheer sound volume!

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try and post a clip! Its all done! Just waiting for all the High Temp silicone to dry! I used it at every clamp connection as I was getting small exhaust leaks!
:bigtu

·
Shocker
395 Posts
do most guys leave the resonators or take out the cats AND resonators?

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I imagine they take out the resinators.... But its a little too loud for me.... Really catches johnny lawmakers attention!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have catless and I love it..

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
I have found that the cats restrict more noise than the damned mufflers. Going catless always increases sound,usually exponentially.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
went catless on stock exhaust and loved it but now that i have a Super 40 flow its alot louder but cruises nice....... just when you slam the door it wakes up big time

·
Registered
132 Posts
Stock manifolds, bassani O/R midpipe and bassani catback. I think the idle sounds great. Gets raspy around 2400 RPMs, but it cleans up after that. It’s noisy, but I like it. I drive with the windows down. When they’re up it’s not terrible. Looking into full ARH setup in the future

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,900 Posts
I have a full catless ARH 1 3/4 and I think it sounds great. Even idling around town it turns heads

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
holy blast from the past. I got excited for a second thinking ikatya came back and finished his truck or something.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well thats awkward. It showed up as a new post on my side. My bad, haha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts