Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all I'm flying up 8-11-11 and leaving 8-14-11to Denver to check it out, is there any points of interest that you all would recommend for a family oriented vacation?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Everyone always goes up to the mountains to check them out. Estes Park I've heard :smt042 is nice to see. Could go check out the Royal Gorge bridge and park. If you have time and feel like a drive hit the Alligator Park in Alamosa. There are some races going on at Bandimere tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. Lol

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yep. On the side of a mountain. Got to love it. Lol. Too bad you weren't here last weekend. Golden has a huge crusie night every first Saturday of the month and it gets packed. If your not busy tonight I'll be at the track racing the L tonight.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't make it last nite drove by though saw a bunch of trailers. Drove all over the place, idaho springs ,dillen, Colorado springs it's so awesome out here! Wheres a nice place to live that not too expensive ?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Didn't make it last nite drove by though saw a bunch of trailers. Drove all over the place, idaho springs ,dillen, Colorado springs it's so awesome out here! Wheres a nice place to live that not too expensive ?

Nice. The Thornton, Northglen area isn't bad. Lived their for a few years. I live in Brighton now and it isn't too bad. Depends where you get a job and what kind of dive you want to make.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well had a blast don't want to go back home to the heat but have to. Going to try and make it back some time around winter time. I'll give notice so maybe I can meet some of you all.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
We don't have inspections. You actually have to run through emissions. They put your vehicle on rollers and do a sniffer. I ran my L through a few yrs back with no EGR and the check engine light on (P1000 code) and it passed. The big thing they check for is cats. You thinking about moving here now?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow that pretty serious compared to SA texas. Yep really thinking on moving up there will be a 3 year decision. I have 2 more years on that 8gs tax credit for my house and my GF needs to finish school. Just getting tired of the heat and no seasons down here.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yeah it pretty much sucks. They do have vans on a few on ramps to highways that you can go by and you get two clean readings they will send you a plate renewal in the mail and say you passed that way and then pay them the $25. I live in Weld County and they had no emissions until last Nov!!! :smt097 So now next year when I get my plates I have to figure out how to get my truck to pass. Don't think they'll like the cams in the truck. :smt042

The winters are really hard to beat here. It could be 25 and snowing like crazy in the mountians, but in the metro area it could be 60 and sunny. Like the good ole saying around here...... If you don't like the weather wait 10 mins.

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts
Yeah it pretty much sucks. They do have vans on a few on ramps to highways that you can go by and you get two clean readings they will send you a plate renewal in the mail and say you passed that way and then pay them the $25. I live in Weld County and they had no emissions until last Nov!!! :smt097 So now next year when I get my plates I have to figure out how to get my truck to pass. Don't think they'll like the cams in the truck. :smt042

The winters are really hard to beat here. It could be 25 and snowing like crazy in the mountians, but in the metro area it could be 60 and sunny. Like the good ole saying around here...... If you don't like the weather wait 10 mins.
Sounds like New Mexico lol. Denver was fun when I went out there, plenty of drunk nights riding the lightrail to Dave and Busters and downtown.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Sounds like New Mexico lol. Denver was fun when I went out there, plenty of drunk nights riding the lightrail to Dave and Busters and downtown.
You guys gave emissions now Joe or always have? Dave and Busters can be a good time. Downtown gets to be pretty crazy some nights. [smilie=dr

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts
You guys gave emissions now Joe or always have? Dave and Busters can be a good time. Downtown gets to be pretty crazy some nights. [smilie=dr[/QUOTE]
Emissions, we have the odb2, gas cap pressure, and visual for smoke test. No visuals underneath. I saw a few ambulances flying down the street and hitting drunk people who wouldnt get the hell out of the way

1 - 18 of 18 Posts