Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boston at heart member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2.3 whipple BLOWER ONLY that i picked up off my buddy off his 3 valve 5.4 with the intent of buying all the needed parts to have it fit on my 03 HD (which is possible with the proper snout, blower manifold etc..) decided that i want to just skip this step and go turbo so this has to go to make some $ for the turbo fund. I DO NOT know how much money it would take to fit it on a lightning or harley so thats why im selling it for cheap so it will be worth the hassle. AGAIN THIS IS FOR THE BLOWER ONLY nothing else.

Ill price it at 1500 OR BEST OFFER i am not shy the worst that can happen is ill say no.

Attachments

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
how much to get the pieces needed from Whipple to make it runable on a Lightning / Harley truck??

·
Boston at heart member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly i never bothered calling whipple about it because ive been pouring all my money into building the longblock. i dont know how much it would cost which is why im selling it for as cheap as i am...

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
So what is needed besides a pulley, midplate adapter and inlet?

·
Boston at heart member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what is needed besides a pulley, midplate adapter and inlet?

honestly im not sure EXACTLY what is needed to make it comeplete but thats the list that i had to get, i have not even bothered to call whipple to see what i would need or how much the parts would cost which is why im selling the whipple for so cheap so that the hassle will be worth it in the end.... if anyone is interested please text me 9787582263

·
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!
7,794 Posts
I think you need a different snout as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that!!

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
Amount of stuff priced up to make this viable on a Lightning would cost more than buying it from the classifieds. I was tempted to sell or trade up my MP. But I'd be back on an Eaton for a while which wouldn't be too bad if I could source the parts for another $1K which is the max to make it worth it...

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
If I had the $2500 it'll cost to make that thing ready for an L I would be all over this right now. It makes me cry to just see it sitting lonely in that box hahaha. Hopefully some magic happens upcoming here.

OP is a great guy to communicate with, here's a bump for him.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ShaneSaw77 I'm not trying to booby trap your thread but here is the email and prices I got from Mike at Whipple. I'm sure you can take some of the parts off the list but I'm going to post them all. Might even be able to call Mike and get a break on prices.

(Mike) The easiest way to do this is give you a price on a 99-00 Lightning kit minus the compressor. With this, you will get all the parts to make the compressor from the Mustang kit fit a 99-2000 Lightning. This price is $2849.99. This price is cheaper in a package rather than trying to purchase each part separately. In example, here is what you would pay for the individual parts you listed and some I know you will need.

Mid Plate for 99-00 $499.99
Bypass Valve $284.99
EGR Tube $99.99
SC Inlet $499.99
Pulley $129.99
Snout $399.99
MAF $199.99
Gasket Set $69.99
Air Kit $350.00 (Tube only if you have an air box is $59.99)
Hardware bag $39.99
Fitting Bag $39.99
Hose bag $119.99
Electrical extensions $59.99
Bracket Bag $129.99
160 T stat $29.99

Mike Malicoat
Whipple Superchargers
Ph. 559-442-1261
Fax. 559-442-4153

1 - 14 of 14 Posts