Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to change the oil and ball joints/steering pieces on my L today. I've been getting a lot of noise (like the clunk) lately. Was thinking the ball joints and steering pieces were needing changing as they're kind of old and the noise I'm hearing couldn't be the clunk because I'm running clunk washers. (or in this case a clunk washer as I'm also running a X-Brace)

See anything missing?

Glad the bolt stayed in there. It's been clunking for the last 1,500-2,000 miles or so.

Anyone know a part # for this bolt? I can get the thread, but would prefer using an OEM nut on something this important.

Hope the nut and washer didn't get thrown into someone elses vehicle on the road. I'm thinking some loctite might be in order.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check it out. Running a X-Brace means having an extra clunk washer laying around.

In fact running a X-Brace with a single clunk washer might be the cause of this problem, but IDK.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Si.

I can't find a part # anywhere for the nut or the bolt. Everything is 04-14 F150. I get that those trucks reliability sucks compared to the 97-03 (04 Heritage) F150's, but come on Furd.

I guess I'll just have to measure the thread and go from there.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can u not run the clunk washers with the x brace?
You can run it on one side. The other side the X-Brace mounts to using the same bolt that goes thru the slotted holes in that control arm mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts