Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been very impressed with my flowmaster, now with full dynatech exhaust it's extremely loud. Do any of the other catback's supress the sound without sacrificing performance? I like to drive quitely and carry a big stick!!LOL!! The other problem is with the big tip's it hit's either my t/b's or the fairing on the side of the truck. I wanted the Bassanni CB, but my fund's ran short plus I think it would probably be louder?
Thanks in advance,
Bryan

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Go with a magnaflow Catback you wont be disapointed. I went with the silverbullet and high flow cats and sounds bad ass. Rob has a set of PSP long tubes, hight flow cat's and Flowmaster Catback and sounds Sick [smilie=bow.gif]

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
I think the Borla is the quietest

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply's,
I guess I'll wait until the nmra event and listen to various trucks.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Bryan,

I have a Bassani CB with Dynatech headers and it is impressive. I might be at Maple Grove in two weeks.

Bob

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bobver said:
Bryan,

I have a Bassani CB with Dynatech headers and it is impressive.  I might be at Maple Grove in two weeks.

Bob
Bob,
Are you racing in this event? If so, do you know if we have to be there on Friday or can you just show up Saturday? I plan on asking JLP this Tuesday. Hope to hear your truck at nmra!!
Bryan

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Bryan,

I don't plan on racing. I want to 'show' it if the weather is good.

Bob

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bobver said:
Bryan,

I don't plan on racing.  I want to 'show' it if the weather is good.

Bob
I have an 03 DSG, Maryland tags and a JLP sticker in the back window. Come over and say hello, I think my wife is coming up too maybe she'll have someone to talk to in the stands!
Bryan

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
bglanden said:
I haven't been very impressed with my flowmaster, now with full dynatech exhaust it's extremely loud.  Do any of the other catback's supress the sound without sacrificing performance?  I like to drive quitely and carry a big stick!!LOL!!  The other problem is with the big tip's it hit's either my t/b's or the fairing on the side of the truck.  I wanted the Bassanni CB, but my fund's ran short plus I think it would probably be louder?
Thanks in advance,
Bryan
Bryan, for a catback thats sold as a system that is SUPPOSE to be quiet yet flow A LOT,
I got to agree, IT IS LOUD. (^%$(@$%@($%(@$

If there is one thing I regret on this build, it is that I now have an EXTREMELY loud truck.
With Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats, when I used the factory Cat Back it was as quiet as stock unless you really got into it, now there is no way of getting into it even a little without being heard across town )@$%@)$%@$(%@$(%@$$

BUT DAM IT DOES SOUND NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE WHEN YOU STOMP IT  [smilie=3gears.gif]

In Driveway Sound file HERE

On the open road it's pretty dam loud too, HERE

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rob,
If some guy driving a subaru from NY tell's you about a DSG with loud exhaust scaring the living bejesus out of him on I-95 (You know the place, It's where you got misplaced a couple of year's ago!!LOL Churchman's Marsh) You can tell him I'm sorry and that I know I'm #1!! :LOL I guess I'll have to live with the sound, as Suavy say's "If it's too loud you're too old!!"
BTW are you attending the NMRA event at MapleGrove?
Bryan

·
Registered
264 Posts
Rob your truck sounds great. Noting wrong with load LOL

Joe

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bryan,  there is a aftercat that's pretty quiet and does'nt hurt power!  And actually I have a video posted here that clearly shows it too.  (download the 34mb bassani vid from the exhaust section)  The first 1/2 of the vid is a stock exhaust with just the spintech after cat w/X-pipe.

IMO it's slightly louder than stock but had a nice little flowmaster sound right at 2500-3000 rpms.  On the dyno at REM they said it was right on par with other aftercats out there.

Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts