Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes when my wire burnt up my truck wouldn't move in D since it was in default gear of 2nd gear. The moment I put it manual on 1st it would move so I knew it was electrical and solenoid pack wasn't getting current and had a short.

Mine is a 1999 so 1999 and 2000 have two fuses that Control transmission harness for solenoid pack.

Fuse 23 and fuse 24 both are 15 amp

2001+ only have fuse 23 for transmission

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes when my wire burnt up my truck wouldn't move in D since it was in default gear of 2nd gear. The moment I put it manual on 1st it would move so I knew it was electrical and solenoid pack wasn't getting current and had a short.

Mine is a 1999 so 1999 and 2000 have two fuses that Control transmission harness for solenoid pack.

Fuse 23 and fuse 24 both are 15 amp

2001+ only have fuse 23 for transmission
Sweet! Youre the man! Sounds like whats going on with mine its a 2002 so i’ll check fuse 23. I’ll post an update when i get the harness this week.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No problem man just saw your thread and happy to help you am sure its minor but do recommend vp racing octanium to protect your engine if you decide to recheck air fuel ratio again and you feel you aren't to sure with the gas you got once you fix transmission electrical issue.

Can is only 20 bucks but works like race fuel unleaded but doesn't contain oxygen so air fuel won't change if you go higher than 93oct with it, but on the opposite will let you know if the gas alone you filled up was not 93oct after a comparison with it mixed and would explain reason you are seeing lean air fuel due to missing actual octane.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Finally got the wiring harness guys, zip tied everything my afrs went back to normal replaced fuse 23 everything works as it should now. I had a question though i got my wide band 02 just below my bank 1 sensor 1 02 can i just move my wide band one in place of the stock 02 to get a better reading or will i throw a code?

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,741 Posts
It will throw a code, truck needs the front O2 sensors to run correctly. The rear O2 sensors are too far away for a good wide band reading.
Where did they weld the bung for the wide band sensor?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It will throw a code, truck needs the front O2 sensors to run correctly. The rear O2 sensors are too far away for a good wide band reading.
Where did they weld the bung for the wide band sensor?
Maybe like two inches down the firs 02 at the 3 or 4 o’clock it seems. Im just trying to get the most accurate readings i have everything soldered and connected right i have a pro sport digital guage. Bosch 02
i actually think i did a good job with the wires and organizing them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts