Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time to track.

What a great day.    eleven pass's.  nice track number # 6000

First pass was funny.   11.30 am   it was suspose to be a sportsman light. first stage light  then seckond ...pause...pause I blink and it is green,  wayne's cobra beside is already 1/2 lenght ahead.
Blind panic slap the throttle down, a bit of spin and hop and 60 feet in 1.960 and the quarter in 13.505 @ 102.55.

spent the next 8 runs trying to beat that first one.  I was almost going to try with out spare tire, shoes and race in under drawers but i beat the first panic driver run.

The 05 mustang had drag radials, race gass and minor mods.

The truck was on a street tune and full weight 1/3 tank gass and hard toneau cover.

Russell
2004 lightning

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fun stuff is'nt it. :D Next time remove the front sway bar and it'll help you to launch a little. Besides it's about 29lbs alltogether.

You must blink slow to miss the yellow! :shock: ;)

Rich

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fun time aint it? Well the bug has bitten you and it is like the dreaded West Indies jumping spider dieaesewhich there is no cure for and racining I believe there is no cure for either except fpr low funds. After you get over the first time because you do not know what is going to happen but you want to do it again and again and again..........

Congrats on your time not bad and Rich is right I don't think you were blinking I think you were either praying or sleeping.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't worry about trying to cut a light just yet. Work on your launchs and controling tire spin.
After you get it down pretty good start working on the light. Light the red a couple times to see how close you can get to it. You still get a time if your just out for fun.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wydopnthrtl said:
Fun stuff is'nt it.  :D  Next time remove the front sway bar and it'll help you to launch a little.  Besides it's about 29lbs alltogether.

You must blink slow to miss the yellow!  :shock: ;)

Rich
Hey Rich,

Do you leave your front sway bar off for normal driving too?

-Mark

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah usually I do. But I honestly drive like your grandpa. It's not like I ever notice it because I don't corner hard enough to make the truck lean.

It's honestly very tight without the bar.

Now having spued all that... last weekend I put everything back on the truck! including the hitch so I can tow the boat to the lake soon. :cool:

Rich

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your sugestions.

I may go this friday, to a test and tune, but i am curious should i take off my
fiberglass toneau. tailgate and sparetire. or leave it all on for traction.
just running street tires.

thanks
Russell
2004 lightning

·
Registered
426 Posts
silversvt, at your power level I'd say to remove everything. Not having the tonou cover and tailgate is'nt good for high speeds. But then again it's gotta be around 80+ lbs. And removing that much on a stock truck will only help.

Rich

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
nice time considering it was your first time at the track

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Sounds like a great day to me

CONGRATS BRO :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts