Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I loaded the tune for the first time. Just completed the drivertrain swap from the 2003 Lightning into my F150. Tranny, motor, harness, computer and gauge cluster. I have aftermarket fuel rails and good fuel pressure. Motor turns over easily, but no ignition. I get a code P1260- theft detected, vehicle immobolized. I had asked my tuner to turn off the PATs, but was I supposed to have something else turned off as well? The security light is flashing the whole time I am trying to start it. Is there a fuse or relay that I should check as well?

Any help is appreciated. I am having the tuner see about the PATs in the morning to make sure that it is turned off.

Thanks

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
yes there is a fuse to check... i blew it mine once when i was trying to jump something when i first tryed to get my motor running... I cant remeber what it is tho

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Are you SURE PATS is removed from the tune? I had this problem too, and I called my tuner on it when for giggles I flashed my new 4V turbo build to the STOCK tune in my SCT Excal. Sure as s*it it fired up..

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
FYI, I asked the Mods to move this to Gen2 section. You'll get a lot more help bro. Let's get this puppy started up!

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went and checked every fuse that had anything to do with the ECM, fuel or PATS and they were all good. I really think that maybe the PATS wasn't turned off. First because I had no spark and second because of the code. I sent JJ an email and I will call in the morning to see if he can verify the code and make sure it is turned off.

·
15,687 Posts
Check all the fuses in both fuse boxes... I think the one I poped was inside

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked the interior fuse block as well. Im really hoping its just the PATs. My key and PATs are the same as what came with the truck and I changed the computer and cluster so that would make sense. I just don't know if there is a way to check to see if it is turned off in the tune without the tuner.

·
15,687 Posts
Hmm... I gotta think about this... probally pats but... I can't leave good enough alone

Sent via my damn droid.

·
15,687 Posts
It cranks right?... just for hahas unload the tune and reload it

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes it cranks.....and cranks and cranks.

Just to make sure I am not missing something, my fuel resistor is removed entirely. The wire is just looped back into itself since I am running the dual 255lph walbros and a fuel regulator. That shouldn't make a difference should it?

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Ding Ding Ding nothing, you answered your own question in the opening statement.

Motor turns over easily, but no ignition. I get a code P1260- theft detected, vehicle immobolized.
Now get that dam thing running and show us some Rubber Burning Vid's :ronbowoohoo

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I am not taking any chances with the motor until I have a safe tune. Ill get some A/F ratios as well. I am going to set the regulator up to idle at 37 psi, so I should be on the rich side. Look to see some data logs in the AM. Thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts