Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
5.0+5.4=Almost Enough
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received my Corbeaus today and installed them tonight. As promised I weighed everything to give everyone a reference as to what kind of weight difference the complete expedition console mod gives you. I took a few pictures as well, but I'm going to take some more during the daytime hopefully tomorrow or Friday. The flash makes the black suede on the console look lighter than the seats, but it's actually a very good match. The standard width seats are just fine, I actually have a good bit of room in them. Thanks again for all of the help you guys gave me, Eric for the great work on the console, and svtjackal that material I got from you will not be going to waste. I had originally planned to do a custom covered set of bucket seats, but the labor was way too high. I'm probably going to use a combination of the leather and some black suede I bought on ebay to do my headliner very similar to my console lid without the SVT logo.

So on to the weight breakdown. Below is what each item weighed on my personal bathroom scale, which I believe came out pretty accurate within a pound or two.

Corbeau LG1 Standard width seats: 27 lbs each.
Corbeau adjustable tracks for F150: 10 lbs each.
Expedition console complete with brackets: 38 lbs.
Total Weight for the new setup: 112 lbs.

Stock driver's seat complete with tracks and electric motor: 53 lbs.
Stock passenger/center seat complete with tracks: 82 lbs.
Total Weight for the stock setup: 135 lbs.

So I actually saved about 23 lbs doing this conversion. Sure it's not much, but you don't gain any weight like some people think. Even doing the seat mod and cutting down the passenger seat, you may gain a little or come close to breaking even.

Here's a few pictures, I'll get some better daytime shots in the next day or two.

·
11 Second Club
15,072 Posts
Nice for some reason i seen a vid of your truck and i love it!!!!!!

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
The Interior Looks Awesome Carl :bigtu

·
Will work for truck parts
418 Posts
Looks awesome!! Very nice Carl...can wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
looks freakin sweet!!! congrats

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
LOOKS GOOD!! thanks for weighing everything; very thoughtful of you![smilie=bo

I think you should get some black carpeting for the back wall; IMO the grey carpet sticks out..:scared003

·
Olivia maxim 2nd sexiest woman
687 Posts
looks awesome carl, nice choice on the seats:rockon_ford

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,545 Posts
looks good, are they comfy???

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Looks awesome!!!! Thanks again for letting me be a part of it.

I would agree on the back wall. I'd dye just the carpet section black.

·
5.0+5.4=Almost Enough
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOOKS GOOD!! thanks for weighing everything; very thoughtful of you![smilie=bo

I think you should get some black carpeting for the back wall; IMO the grey carpet sticks out..:scared003[/quote]

Looks awesome!!!! Thanks again for letting me be a part of it.

I would agree on the back wall. I dye just the carpet section black.
I agree, I'll get to that eventually. I just wanted to get the seats, carpet, and console done for Mustang Week this month so I'm not starting anything else until after that. But I do want to put more black in the interior, the grey looks worse in the pictures because of the flash.
I see you opted not to fat girl proof it Carl...Just remember Crewsy told you.
Haha, yessir! I think SamanthaHD would look fantastic in those seats!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
What's the model of the seat and what material is covering it? Looks like leather and suede. Interested in those. Thanks:smt023

·
5.0+5.4=Almost Enough
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

What's the model of the seat and what material is covering it? Looks like leather and suede. Interested in those. Thanks:smt023
Corbeau LG1, all black microfiber. The console is leather and suede.

looks good, are they comfy???
Well I haven't been down the road in them yet, but just sitting in them they feel good. I'm a lightweight, so I don't need a whole lot of padding but I can tell they aren't as cushy as the stockers. But they do feel comfortable in the way they are shaped, and there's enough padding I think.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts