Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been over a year since my L was on the dyno, so I figured it was time to strap her down and see what it will do.

I took off the 10.59 combination (2.7 upper pulley) and put on a 3.25 upper for this dyno session. This will be my bracket racing combination.

It was on the rollers sporting my street wheels (20's) and was fully warmed up on a hotpull. 15lbs of boost, 15.25 degrees of total timing and 11.6 A/F's.

Datalogging this combination confirmed to me what I already suspected about adding the 2.7 upper for my 10.59 run, and that is that I was pegging the MAF with the 2.7 upper with a MAF Extender set at 5.5v setting. So I will be re-tuning the 10.59 combo at the 6.0v setting later this year. I was seeing a max A/D count on this dyno run of 988.

This was done on the local M/D dyno that I always use and these guys are great, they strap it down and we setup the parasitic losses and calibrate everything and then they just let me do what I want. I get to "drive" every vehicle that I dyno and it is alot of fun to boot!!!!  :D :D

So to get dynojet number from the ones above, just add 10 percent...635.58HP, 687.06TQ.

One trend that I am seeing with this M/D dyno is that the tq and hp numbers are alot closer than they are on the dynojet numbers that I have seen. I'll have to contact M/D and see if this is typical of their dyno's.

I'll dyno this combo again and bump up the A/F to 12.5 and I'll most likely see a nice healthy gain. [smilie=3gears.gif] [smilie=3gears.gif]

[email protected]
"My dog is usually pleased with what I do, because he is not infected with the concept of what I should be doing" _Lonzo Idolswine

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Very nice JJ,  :smt023 :smt023
It is a little strange to see the Tq and HP #'s that close, but schitt it's surly nothing to complain about, thats a ton of power, plus it's all about ET'S, and you have that covered very nicely....  [smilie=3gears.gif]

CONGRATS :cheers:

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Lookin good ! Now if I can get my Harley there!!!! LOL never happen with a stock block. :shock:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Great Job JJ,

I am amazed how with the new technology our trucks are able to hit 10's with only 600 RW HP.

I can't wait to get my truck back up and runing now.

Peace,

Suavy

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I think it will be time for the blackbeast to come to JJ for some tuneing :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice numbers! JJ... :smt023

·
Registered
34 Posts
Really nice numbers.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Awsome numbers! And awsome ETs too. :D

I was seeing a max A/D count on this dyno run of 988
JJ, how does the average Joe measure this? I can measure baro with my autotap... but I don't exactly understand air density. I'm guessing this is the "sum" of the weather conditions like baro, humidity, ect..?

Rich

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wydopnthrtl said:
Awsome numbers!  And awsome ETs too.  :D

I was seeing a max A/D count on this dyno run of 988
JJ, how does the average Joe measure this?  I can measure baro with my autotap... but I don't exactly understand air density.  I'm guessing this is the "sum" of the weather conditions like baro, humidity, ect..?

Rich
A/D counts are not air density, they are what the computer reads as MAF voltage. Since a computer cant read voltage itself, the voltage is changed to a digital signal called A/D counts that the computer can then understand. 1023 is Max A/D counts or a "Pegged meter", actually, I consider anything over 1011 to be pegged enough for some kind of extender or new SCT Big MAF.

Get a Raptor datalogger and you will be able to log everything and at a speed that nothing else compares to. [smilie=3gears.gif] [smilie=3gears.gif]

Hope that helps..

And thanks everyone for the congrats on the numbers, I was really happy to see that much power at that low a boost level. Now its off to the track for the numbers that really count..LOL

[email protected]

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
That all that thing got??? lol

Later...
Bruce
[smilie=ughug.gif]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Its been over a year since my L was on the dyno, so I figured it was time to strap her down and see what it will do.

I took off the 10.59 combination (2.7 upper pulley) and put on a 3.25 upper for this dyno session. This will be my bracket racing combination.

It was on the rollers sporting my street wheels (20's) and was fully warmed up on a hotpull. 15lbs of boost, 15.25 degrees of total timing and 11.6 A/F's.

Datalogging this combination confirmed to me what I already suspected about adding the 2.7 upper for my 10.59 run, and that is that I was pegging the MAF with the 2.7 upper with a MAF Extender set at 5.5v setting. So I will be re-tuning the 10.59 combo at the 6.0v setting later this year. I was seeing a max A/D count on this dyno run of 988.

This was done on the local M/D dyno that I always use and these guys are great, they strap it down and we setup the parasitic losses and calibrate everything and then they just let me do what I want. I get to "drive" every vehicle that I dyno and it is alot of fun to boot!!!!  :D :D

So to get dynojet number from the ones above, just add 10 percent...635.58HP, 687.06TQ.

One trend that I am seeing with this M/D dyno is that the tq and hp numbers are alot closer than they are on the dynojet numbers that I have seen. I'll have to contact M/D and see if this is typical of their dyno's.

I'll dyno this combo again and bump up the A/F to 12.5 and I'll most likely see a nice healthy gain. [smilie=3gears.gif] [smilie=3gears.gif]

[email protected]
"My dog is usually pleased with what I do, because he is not infected with the concept of what I should be doing" _Lonzo Idolswine
JJ, really nice numbers.........:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Duuuuuuude.........Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!! :LOL

Looks good, now get'r to the track!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts