Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been saying for literally years, I was going to update the E/T list since NHTOC had the more encompassing E/T list, and Doug who used to run it there, sent me the raw excel file that had all the info, instead of trying to edit it in VB forum text.

It's way too many trucks to do an all encompassing list like we used to do, for anyone and everyone who ran, so I'm doing it similar to how Lightning Ralph does the all time fastest Lightnings list, and just doing the top 15-20, and doing the records for each high level combo.

Now yes of course there can always be someone out there faster that we don't know about, so internet lists can be silly, but whatever, it's part of the fun setting goals, and having a published list helps motivate guys to go faster and get on it and attain certain records, even if they're unofficial. If folks do hear of a faster truck, or sees one on facebook, get me in touch with them and I'll get them on the list whether they're on LR or not. That's part of the reason I'm not doing 12's, 13's, etc., there's tons of those out there. 9's, 10's, 11's, substantially less of those out there that we don't know about, so the list is a bit more legit (but can still be some outliers, we'll do the best we can).

I've got pretty good documentation from most of these, but I need a few more pieces of info from a couple guys, before I post a new official thread with the info. This thread is just to gather that info, share some teasers, and shortly I'll post up a sticky for the actual list.

@turbodgumby, what heads are on your truck (PI or TF?), and on our very shitty times list mod legend here, you marked N for spray which can be nitrous or meth with this terrible mod legend lol, so can you let me know which it was? Lastly, what size upper?

@tbonemcniel, what heads are on your truck (PI or TF?), and on our once again crappy mod legend lol, you marked 33 which means post 04 factory s/c model which doesn't exist for HDs lol, did you mean 22? What year & color is your HD? (02 DSG?)

@EnglishAdam, can you share your latest slip with me, I'd like 60' & 1/8th mile info, and I don't have decimal digits for the 1/4, just 12.29 & 110, you seem to be the MP record holder from what info I have, so I'd like all the digits. Also which heads (PI or TF?), and what size upper? (times list legend says 2.8, but I thought I saw a post you said L upper).

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Little preview till I get the above info and post a new thread with "official" listings...

All time E/T list top 10:
1- 00 HD - 7.79 @ 174 - Rcain - F2 Procharged Full Tube Chassis
2- 00 HD - 9.88 @ 139 - Harley#356 - 2.6 KB
3- 02 HD - 10.19 @ 138 - VooDoo Racing - 88mm Turbo
4- 02 HD - 10.55 @ 129 - Cobrafckr - 2.6 KB
5- 03 HD - 10.57 @ 130 - 818harley - 3.6 KB
6- 02 HD - 10.67 @ ??? - ls1-ths - 3.4 Whipple*
7- 02 HD - 10.97 @ 125 - [email protected] - 2.3 KB + 125 Shot*
8- 02 HD - 11.17 @ 121 - go-on3 - 2.6 KB*
9- 03 HD - 11.32 @ 119 - Shady Al - 2.6 KB Stock Block
10- 02 HD - 11.35 @ 120 - SamanthaHD - 2.3 Whipple + 125 Shot

First In The...
1st in 7's - RCain (2012)
1st in 9's - Harley#356 (2013)
1st in 10's - [email protected] (2004?)*
1st in 11's - cobrasvt1 (2003?)*
1st in 12's - cobrasvt1 (2002?)*

Fastest Year/Colors:
Fastest 00 - Rcain 7.79 @ 174
Fastest 01 - tpr103 11.78 @ 115*
Fastest 02 - VooDoo Racing 10.19 @ 138
---BLK - VooDoo Racing 10.19 @ 138
---DSG - ilaybrk 11.42 @ 119*
Fastest 03 - 818harley - 10.57 @ 130
---BLK - 818harley - 10.58 @ 130
---B/S - tbonemcniel - 11.79 @ 115

Fastest Forced Induction Combos:
-Fastest Turbo - VooDoo Racing - 10.19 @ 138
-Fastest Centri - Rcain - 7.79 @ 174
-Fastest 3.6 KB - 818 Harley - 10.57 @ 1370
-Fastest 2.6 KB - Harley#356 - 9.88 @ 139
-Fastest 2.3 KB - [email protected] - 10.97 @ 125 (w/ Nitrous)*
---w/o Nitrous - ilaybrk 11.42 @ 119*
-Fastest 3.4 Whipple - ls1-ths - 10.67 @ ???*
-Fastest 2.3 Whipple - SamanthaHD - 11.35 @ 120 (w/ Nitrous)
---w/o Nitrous - tpr103 - 11.78 @ 115*
-Fastest TVS - turbodgumby - 11.51 @ 117 (w/ Meth?)
-Fastest MP - EnglishAdam - 12.29 @ 110
-Fastest Eaton - Kevingib - 12.01 @ 117 (w/ Meth)*
---w/o Meth - Harley#356 - 12.19 @ 112*

Fastest Stock Block Records:
-Fastest Stock Block Overall - Shady Al - 11.32 @ 119 (2.6 KB)
-Fastest Stock Block Runner up - ilaybrk - 11.42 @ 119 (2.3 KB)*
-Fastest Stock Block w/ Eaton - Kevingib - 12.01 @ 117 (w/ Meth)*

* = Combo Retired/Since changed

I feel that's a pretty comprehensive list for the *basic* combos, without getting into "fastest dsg hd with cupholders and a rollpan with a Lightning front bumper and 2.3 whipple" type of records. Fastest of each color/year, fastest of each blower combo, and fastest of each stock block combo.

This should help spark a little motivation too!
@cobrafcker & @818harley are only hundredths apart in the #4 & #5 spots & both still actively racing!

@ilaybrk is only a tenth away from joining the top 10 list and bumping Samantha!

@tbonemcniel is only a tad over a hundredth away from bumping @tpr103's 2.3 record!

Anyone have the balls to chase @Shady Al's stock block record or @kevingib's eaton record? lol

Any other comments or suggestions let me know before I post up the full list and official format in a new thread. This one is just a teaser for now while I gather the last bits of info!

Reactions: Shady Al

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,562 Posts
:bigtu

Great job based on what you've compiled so far. I also enjoy the added break downs of record by color and stock block, they're interesting extra little tidbits to see.

·
Yeah It's Stock
2,829 Posts
Fastest Stock Block Records:
-Fastest Stock Block Overall - Shady Al - 11.32 @ 119 (2.6 KB)
-Fastest Stock Block Runner up - ilaybrk - 11.42 @ 119 (2.3 KB)*
-Fastest Stock Block w/ Eaton - Kevingib - 12.01 @ 117 (w/ Meth)*

Any other comments or suggestions let me know before I post up the full list and official format in a new thread. This one is just a teaser for now while I gather the last bits of info![/QUOTE]

Great job Josh, nice to see this thread and how you've gotten it all broken down but I thought the Stock Block with Eaton record was set at 11.65?
Maybe I'm wrong but It's a record I've been shooting for myself.

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job Josh, nice to see this thread and how you've gotten it all broken down but I thought the Stock Block with Eaton record was set at 11.65?
Maybe I'm wrong but It's a record I've been shooting for myself.
The full thread will have additional details on basic build combo as well so guys can see the high level details of each build on the leader board

As far as stock block eaton record of 11.65....maybe in a lightning, but definitely not a HD. I couldn't even find any entries of an 11 second eaton on a built HD, let alone stock block one. I'm just doing this thread for HD records for now. I could try to do one for Gen 2 L's as well, but it wouldn't be as expansive because the times lists are even more broken between the various sites, the year info isn't as available for quickest of each year, about the best I could dig up is stock block records and blower combo records, but even that may not be 100%.

Do you have a HD or a L? Just curious since that will make a difference on the battery cable kit we were talking about yesterday.

·
Yeah It's Stock
2,829 Posts
Well heck, hook us lightning guys up with a list too then please!!

Yes, I have a lightning. Didn't dawn on me that your list was strictly HD.

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, I do my best to keep up with the L records, but that's even harder to keep up with than the HD's since they're modded more often, raced more often, and span more combos, and cover more years and colors.

I'll try to pull together something though at least for the basic ones

Reactions: profarm72

·
Registered
532 Posts

@EnglishAdam, can you share your latest slip with me, I'd like 60' & 1/8th mile info, and I don't have decimal digits for the 1/4, just 12.29 & 110, you seem to be the MP record holder from what info I have, so I'd like all the digits. Also which heads (PI or TF?), and what size upper? (times list legend says 2.8, but I thought I saw a post you said L upper).
Here you go Josh.

This was with a standard L upper on the MP and a 10# lower.

I have PI heads but they were hand ported by my engine builder. Might be better than stock, might not. I have no numbers.

This was actually on the break in tune from when I had the engine built.
I was supposed to go back and get it retuned after putting a few miles on it but as it ran so well, I never did.

I've since fitted a 2.3 Whipple over the winter so it's better be in the 11's next time out in May. :shitstormretarded

Hoping to get close to what TPR & Tbone are achieving.

·
NO SPONSORS
5,683 Posts
Wish I would've pushed the 2.3 harder. That pass it nosed down round the 1k ft mark. Melted the motor cause I played mad scientist with the fuel. From what the #s on the slip were showing before it leaned out, it should've been an 11.4 pass. Cool to see that I'm still in there though. I forgot that I'm the fastest 01. That just means I'm the only idiot to build one lol. I shooting for the 3.4 record and I hope to be on the top 10 list.

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here you go Josh.

https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn....=a47301e5793e2cb695dcd739b43b7b97&oe=5772F8BD

This was with a standard L upper on the MP and a 10# lower.

I have PI heads but they were hand ported by my engine builder. Might be better than stock, might not. I have no numbers.

This was actually on the break in tune from when I had the engine built.
I was supposed to go back and get it retuned after putting a few miles on it but as it ran so well, I never did.

I've since fitted a 2.3 Whipple over the winter so it's better be in the 11's next time out in May. :shitstormretarded

Hoping to get close to what TPR & Tbone are achieving.
Thanks Adam! That's more than enough info for the style times list I'm updating. It's not as in-detail as ilaybrks and doesn't use that shitty mod legend that dblg came up with who never even raced to begin with lol it's just basic combos of year, blower, built or stock, TF or PI, and that's about it, because beyond that there's way too many variations to try and track.

As of right now you're the MP record for HDs from what I can gather, so even though you've changed combos, you're down in the record books (for internet records lol). Would have been cool to see an 11 out of it on the MP, but it'll be interesting watching the 2.3 whipple times now!

Wish I would've pushed the 2.3 harder. That pass it nosed down round the 1k ft mark. Melted the motor cause I played mad scientist with the fuel. From what the #s on the slip were showing before it leaned out, it should've been an 11.4 pass. Cool to see that I'm still in there though. I forgot that I'm the fastest 01. That just means I'm the only idiot to build one lol. I shooting for the 3.4 record and I hope to be on the top 10 list.
I wish you would have too lol, do you have your full time slip for that pass? I wanted to get the other digits on the 60' and the 1/8th times, and the 3rd digit on the 1/4 time since it's so close between you and tbone.

Get your truck tuned and I'm all on board to let you use whatever stuff you need to get that 10 second pass and jump way down into the top 10 list. Trailer, bogarts, kirkey, fans, you name it, I just want to see that pig burry a new PB even with that 3.turd whipple, just because it's another red headed step child of the HD years and I've got a soft spot for the originally n/a Harley trucks lol

I just need a few more pieces of info from @turbodgumby and @tbonemcniel :bigtu

·
Registered
532 Posts
I only race the HD in the UK twice a year now as I am pretty much in Houston all of the time now.

2014, I had the engine built, fitted the MP and ran it at 2 meets getting 12.4's with an 8 lower.

2015, I put the 10# lower on and have every intention of getting it retuned, maybe putting my meth kit on, upping the timing and seeing how close I could squeak to the 11's but I just never had the time.

When Ricki upgraded to a 3.4 on his new 5.8 engine in his L, I couldn't resist the offer of his old 2.3 and figured it would just be easier to go that way over the winter when I went back for a couple of weeks.

I just need to finalise the tune with Eric Korn when I get home in a couple of weeks and it's ready to roll.

It already feels a lot quicker on the base tune with only 6 deg of timing while he sorted the fueling out.

I'm hoping for a high 11 first time out and then go from there. :smt023

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that should be easily attainable! As good of an improvement as the MP is over an eaton, a 2.3 whipple is an even bigger improvement, it's gonna fly!

2 records up for grabs....2.3 whipple record, and fastest shamu record! lol

·
Oil Field Trash
2,644 Posts
Mine had PI heads on it, and it's an 03 Shamu

I know Gumby also had PI heads, and his spray meant nitrous. Not sure on his upper size.

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!
@turbodgumby can you pop in here and let us know what size upper, and what size shot?

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
14,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the updates.

okay now educate me on this because I haven't kept up on that blower route, but I thought the M122 was a TVS blower? What's the difference between them?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts