Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brian Figg over at Stifflers (Innovative Performance Technologies) is now selling the x-brace for the H-D's. He worked with Speedin' Bobs H-D to fab it up. Bob LOVED it on his truck.

Here's the info:

"HD X-Brace SYSTEM...... Will have kits ready for delivery on Monday 15'th (8/15/11). We are only producing a limited number of them initially so get your order in early. Price is $375 for the base kit when using the LR discount code. Optional driveshaft safety loop is $94 after discount. (These kits are for the factory installed (4r100) transmission)."

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1313972#post1313972

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It makes so much of a difference that when Speedin Bob's (he ran the prototype) wife backed the truck out of the driveway she noticed it....lol.

I could tell a noticeable improvement on my L. With the longer wheelbase on the H-D, I think it makes an even more drastic improvement over stock.

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
3,010 Posts
I would love to get one of these but I have a Moroso pan and I would need the long bars to go with it and DS loop.

·
And the MP goes WHEEEEEEE!
940 Posts
It doesn't work with the Moroso transmission pan? Will it still clear the 4x4 pan?

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
3,010 Posts
I was told it would clear a 4x4 pan

·
940 Posts
Call me a noob but what is the purpose of an X-Brace again?
Chassis stiffening.

From what I've read, installation of the X-brace produces an immediate difference. One guy I PM'd told me that he didn't realize how loose the chassis actually was until he installed the X-brace, and now the truck feels more stable and an appreciable difference in handling.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,677 Posts
I sent them an email asking if it would work with a Screw with a 4R70W.

Not sure but I think the trans crossmembers are in slightly different spots on Screws with the 4R100s

Pat, already way ahead of ya man, I sent Brian the measurements last weekend or the weekend before

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will clear a 4x4 pan. :smt023

·
940 Posts
At this point, I'm probably going to get rid of the Moroso in favor of the 4x4 pan so I can get the x-brace. Are they available now?

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At this point, I'm probably going to get rid of the Moroso in favor of the 4x4 pan so I can get the x-brace. Are they available now?
Brian has a limited number available right now, and I believe the parts are at the powdercoater. I think he'll have them back at his shop by next Monday. He's taking orders now though.

·
940 Posts
I'll give him a call Monday then.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Vendor
250 Posts
Due to the volume of calls and emails we have decided to go ahead and do pre-sales orders for the HD systems starting today (8/8/11). Systems are scheduled to be completed for shipping on 8/15/11.

Phone us at 317-837-2444 to place your order!:cheers

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Great news. I know I love it on my Lightning

·
Gen2 Old Schooler
192 Posts
Due to the volume of calls and emails we have decided to go ahead and do pre-sales orders for the HD systems starting today (8/8/11). Systems are scheduled to be completed for shipping on 8/15/11.

Phone us at 317-837-2444 to place your order!:cheers
Excellent!!!

Guys, you will NOT be disappointed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts