Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finished up my fab class over a week early on a 3 week course and basicly starting to put together a sheetmetal intake plenum.... i have a certified NASCAR expert thats giving me some pointers on flow caracteristics and some tricks to increase flow and reduce intake turbulance and crap like that..... in other words really cool tricks of the trade going to be incorperated. I also have access to a flowbench and will be taking advantage of the time on that. So far im thinking of going sheet steel with and "non-stick" coating for the inside and going to be painted back stock color for a stock look.

Anyway I mocked up a 1/2 scale today and from the looks of it this thing is going to look really freaking cool and should work awesome along with a SBTB and ported intake on an eaton!

I'll keep you guys posted...... next class is mig and tig welding so this will be my final project for that class so not only will be for the truck but will be a grade so will have to be perfect...lol two birds with one stone....anyway wish me luck, might be a peice i could make availible to some of you guys.

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the model is at the school unfortunatly we can't even carry our phones around in the lab, I'll bring it home tomorrow and get some shots...... and yes i am planning on keeping all of the stensils so i can make more than one......

still working out the egr and vac line configuration but I have a month before this project is going to be submited..... this is day 1..... and i knew there would be intrest.

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
be even more interest if they work, you make a shit load, and sell them for well under the goin rate

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my design so far is a vey smooth transition from the throttlebody to the intake of the blower.

I'm treating the inside to a special epoxy contouring to eliminate any hard bends and then sealed with a kind of anti stick coating that seals everything up

so def a different design....... however its simple and should support anything.....def will not be a weak link in the intake system.

might come up with some other configurations but thats what i've come up with for now

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
ensure you mock one (if possible) to accept the GT-500 twin 75mm TB

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i can get my hands on a gt-500 TB gasket i can use for a template but shouldn't be hard to basicly swap out the mounting plates before welding to accomodate that..... don't think it will be an issue

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
i think i can get my hands on a gt-500 TB gasket i can use for a template but shouldn't be hard to basicly swap out the mounting plates before welding to accomodate that..... don't think it will be an issue
sounds like a great idea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts