Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Except he won't build them.... He may answer and even take your order but you will never see them lol. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Jlp is working with a new vendor I think

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the fiberglass tailgate? Where do I get that?

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Have you called the fiberglass place ?? A friend of mine just had a set of leafs made

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't. I was having second thoughts about them because my truck is lowered its a DD and I carry 250-300lbs of tools daily. Just thinking how long they will last

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
I haven't. I was having second thoughts about them because my truck is lowered its a DD and I carry 250-300lbs of tools daily. Just thinking how long they will last
250-300 is nothing. Folks have had FG leafs in their trucks for years and I've never heard of a single failure. I wouldn't go towing with them or filling the bed to the brim with lumber or gravel, but for daily use and occasional loads, hauling a motor every now and then, etc., it's not a big deal at all.

Heard as well FAF isn't making them right now, and JLP was working with another company to try and get sets made since FAF isn't being cooperative right now for anyone it seems.

Reactions: P_Franko03

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
They're a great mod. 80 lbs weight savings, and IMO the best ride as well, in addition to some drop out of them also.

·
Administrator
18,441 Posts
I think they are a bit bouncy on the streets. But I have had them on my truck since JL first offered them. I used to drive my truck a lot. All my race passes have been driven to and no tracks closer than 3 hours from Connecticut. I did it for the weight savings. I think saving weight is the best way to ease the load/strain and improve performance with no (or even lessened) risk. With long bars the springs do less work then they would with ladders or no traction devices. I recommend them if you can get a set.

Jim

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats good info from somebody that has experience with them. I already have the long bars on my truck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Corvette has used them since 1981 & don't seem to have a problem. I kow thats not a Lightning but they have a great track record.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts